Who deserves to be number one in AA

toinemac

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

1.) Bolivar- cause they beat Raleigh Egypt, Haywood (2X), Liberty, and Humboldt

2.) Raleigh-Egypt- the MOST TALENTED team in AA.

3.) Fulton- the perfect Falcons continue to fly under the radar.

4.) Fayette-Ware- the only AA team to beat Bolivar in 2 YEARS

5.) Giles County- when they play to their potential, LOOK OUT

6.) Haywood- the Tomcats will be in the 'Boro, GUARANTEED

7.) MLK- in my opinion the best AA team in the midstate

8.) Humboldt- a talented team who'll give Bolivar all they want come tourney time

9.) Liberty- Will battle Humboldt for the right to clash with Bolivar

10) Waverly- two of three losses to Northside, who also beat Bolivar twice

8.) Humboldt- a talented team who'll give Bolivar all they want come tourney time

825530558[/snapback]

Where's Union City on that?!

825530558[/snapback]

I had to double check to make sure this was a boys' thread, and then I had to double check Union City's schedule to see if I had been dreaming those 22 wins in 24 games.

In looking at your Top 10, Union City has beaten Fayette-Ware (oh, but F-W probably ain't counting it since it was Hall of Fame game), and has swept season series with Humboldt. In addition, UC has swept AAA's Dyersburg and Henry County and routed both Knox Austin-East and Covington.

UC, by the way, has not lost to a team in Tennessee this season, so far.

22-2. And, you think Knox Fulton is flying under the radar???

Oh yeah, Union City has beaten Liberty too.

So, catfish, UC has beaten your No. 4, 8 and 9 teams, has a 22-2 record and has not lost to a Tennessee team yet.

Ya wanna call a "do-over" on your poll???

825530577[/snapback]

they had a squeaker against gibson co a few weeks ago...i was really wishing gc would be the first in tennessee to beat em....woulda been nice but maybe we'll get em come trny time...!! thumb

they had a squeaker against gibson co a few weeks ago...i was really wishing gc would be the first in tennessee to beat em....woulda been nice but maybe we'll get em come trny time...!! thumb

825530600[/snapback]

Are you saying that by squeaking by Gibson County,UC should be left out of the poll???LOL..

GC could play UC 10 times back to back and not beat UC 1 time...Not this year...

NWTS and treefitty...I had to look again too

I believe Raleigh Egypt should be ranked #1.....Bolivar lost those two games this past week,they beat RE in Memphis though...But when you lose you drop

I believe whoever comes out of West Tn to make it to the 'Boro will win it all...

Hey NWTS..Doing the Jim Whitby math of common opponents....Union City would beat Fulton by 13 pts....Fulton squeaked by AE by 1...UC beat AE by 14....LOL

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

I always think it sounds like sour grapes when fans get on here and try to explain away a loss but here I go trying to explain Raleigh Egypt's loss to Bolivar.

First of all, Bolivar is a solid-well coached team and a loss to them is no disgrace.

Raleigh Egypt's last game was on December 14th before the Bolivar game on January 4th. That was a two and a half week break with no competition. The Pharaohs were out of sync and looked rusty.

Secondly, Ral-Egypt was without starting guard Rico Seay who was in a boot due to a stress fracture in shin.

Thirdly, The referees were HORRIBLE!!! That was the opinion of not only the Ral-Egypt fans but also the Bolivar fans.

Fourth, Lawrence Kinnard, RE's top player, picked up second foul early in first quarter, third foul early in second quarter, fourth foul early in third quarter and fouled out early in the fourth. Only game in two years that he's fouled out. Played a total of 8 minutes and scored 2 pts.

Fifth, the floor was slick from condensation because of the high humidity and the heat from the crowd, that everyone including the referees were slipping and falling down. No one had comfortable footing and RE was whistled for numerous walking calls while miraculously, Willie and the Bolivar team never walked. LOL

It may be sour grapes, but we are looking forward to the rematch...where ever that might be. Check Raleigh Egypt's scores...no one else has even come close.

Edited by Jumpshot

If we are goin to make excuses for losses then we can say the two games bolivar central lost in the last week they came at the end of a horrific schedule stretch that included the before mentioned raleigh egypt liberty haywood and humboldt no one in AA plays a schedule like that their usual starting five didnt start against northside and they were reeling from the northside lose against fayette-ware