Bradley Central Upset

shaggy22

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha how can u take a couple games from last year (the games cleveland won) and then the win from friday night and come up with any kind of record...the facts are 17-3 of the last 20 and 2 of them were flukes...it will be years before things change

825532992[/snapback]

Who cares about 20 games ago, all that matters is recent games. Yeah, Kent has been very sucessful against the Blue Raiders, He has one 9 out of the last 11, he also had a 8 game winning streak against The Raiders. Things are already changing. Kent has 2 losses to Cleveland in the last 3 games, which is more than he had the previous 17 games, and you tell me things aren't changing?

Who cares about 20 games ago, all that matters is recent games. Yeah, Kent has been very sucessful against the Blue Raiders, He has one 9 out of the last 11, he also had a 8 game winning streak against The Raiders. Things are already changing. Kent has 2 losses to Cleveland in the last 3 games, which is more than he had the previous 17 games, and you tell me things aren't changing?

825534973[/snapback]

it takes more than 2 out of 3 games to see a trend

what about that loss to cumberland county? what tournament was that?

825531610[/snapback]

Yea we lost to Cumberland but we Beat Bradley so you can't say your better because you beat a team that beat us......Jus because you beat a team that beat another team don't mean your goin to beat that team that lost to the team you beat also and you can't say it was luck because we beat yall in every quarter yall had the lead once and that was at the beginning of the first quarter and that was a little 3pt lead (8-5) so my point proven.........

Edited by DurtySouthMindBlown12

Yea we lost to Cumberland but we Beat Bradley so you can't say your better because you beat a team that beat us......Jus because you beat a team that beat another team don't mean your goin to beat that team that lost to the team you beat also and you can't say it was luck because we beat yall in every quarter yall had the lead once and that was at the beginning of the first quarter and that was a little 3pt lead (8-5) so my point proven.........

825535070[/snapback]

:)

Back Yard Legend....you are so right! My wife and I would go to JV games just to watch the phillips kid play. What he's doing on the bench is beyond me. That boy is an unselfish player, can score and can see the court better. Not mention a Bradley co. boy like Keilen. Which they have both paid their dues. Mr. Legend you should come out of retirement more often.

Well...The Ol' Backyard Legend has just been readin' up on the Bradley-Cleveland game and felt that I needed to come out of retirement from posting to share my thoughts on the game and what has been posted here.

From the game standpoint...It was just another great chapter in the Cleveland-Bradley rivalry. A great close game in which the athletes and coaches gave all they had towards winning the game. Despite hearing differently from some Bradley fans, I thought the game was called (or should I say "uncalled) pretty well by the referees. At half time, I believe there were only 5 total team fouls called (3 on Bradley and 2 on Cleveland). The referees let the teams play ball. There were more fouls in the second half...but Bradley had to start foulin' late in the game.  A couple of things stood out to me. First was the intensity from Cleveland. I don't think Bradley ever matched the intensity I think Kent Smith said it best when he said "Some of our players don't understand the passion of this rivalry". Wes Suiter, Yarrish Hammonds, and Houston Phillips understand the rivalry. Kent has some new faces that aren't from Bradley County and I think they learned a valuable lesson Friday night. Secondly, The overall play of Alex Goldston was amazing. I think he had 24 points and 12 boards. Bradley never seemed to have an anwser for him. Third, The defensive play of Colby Dodd on Terrance Oglesby and Charles Jet's overall defensive play was something to behold. Charles Little had his usual game (23 points, 8 boards).

For Bradley, I thought Yarrish Hammonds and Wes Suiter played great. Suiter might be one of the best passing big men I've seen in the high school level in a long time. Yarrish's overall play was quite impressive. I was even impressed the sophomore big man for Kent Smith. The Dodd kid has soft hands to go with his 6'9 frame. He's only going to get better. Kent's assistant Jason Reuter does an outstanding job developing post players.

My thoughts on the posts so far...I've known BaconBreath for many years. There is nothing wrong with him being a Bradley fan. As long as he does his job on the radio to the best of his ability he calls it like he sees it, then I don't care who he cheers for on this site. For everyone that knows me...there is no doubt that I bleed blue for the Raiders. That doesn't mean that I disrepect the Bradley program. I'll go to Bradley games when Cleveland is off on some road trip or doesn't play. Corky Whitlock is also a Bradley fan...but the Cleveland/Bradley County community are fortunate to have character people like Corky and BaconBreath carrying their games whether they're at Cleveland, Bradley, or Walker Valley. Bottom line is that they love kids and high school sports. WBAC has covered just about every great moment in Cleveland and Bradley athletic history. Be thankful we have people that are willing to give their time so that the kids of our community get the exposure they so heartedly deserve. Keep up the good work Corky and BaconBreath! thumb

I can hardly wait til they Bears and Raider meet again in a couple of weeks. It should be another great one.

I'm as tired of writing this post as you are of reading it....So, I'm out.

The Backyard Legend

825534913[/snapback]

WELL DONE MR. LEDGEND!

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. ALL THE SCHOOLS ARE VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE THE BROADCASTERS WE HAVE NOW. I'VE KNOWN ALL THESE GUYS FOR MANY YEARS AND NOT ONE OF THEM WOULD DISRESPECT ANY OF OUR TEAMS, PLAYERS OR COACHS! ANYONE THAT SAYS THESE GUYS HAVE DISRESPECTED ANY OF OUR AREA SCHOOLS IS SIMPLY A LIAR, AND TROUBLE MAKER. SORRY TO BE SO BLUNT BUT I THINK MOST OF THE FOLKS ON THIS BOARD HAVE HEARD THE RADIO BROADCASTS MANY TIMES AND I DON'T THINK ANYBODY CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE COVERAGE OUR SCHOOLS GET FRON THE AREA RADIO STATIONS AND BROADCASTERS. SO LET'S JUST GET OFF THE INDIVIDUAL ATTACKS AND GO BACK TO TALKING ABOUT THE GAMES. thumb