Updated District 3AAA standings

mocs30

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night it looked like in the 1st quarter the Karns staff was content to set on the bench while the team threw up 3 after 3. It's like "were not hitting the 3's, I guess we lose".

I'm not sure, but these Beavers might have packed it for the winter.

On another note, that was another auful crew that worked the game. They couldn't get a correct call if they had too! Sharp got hammered on some drives and nevered seemed to get a call. Many more strange ones also.

The comedy of the season was when Victor made a great dunk and then May was immediately wide open under the Halls goal on the other end. He goes up to dunk and gets hung up and the ball rolls out-of--bounds. Now that was funny. I think everyone in the gym laughed on that one including May. :lol:

Edited by HiwasseeVol

Well, the district just got all the more interesting with the Halls W tonight. This is how it shapes up. Halls is very close to doing the impossible. Noone, including myself, has believed they have a remote chance of rebounding and taking 2nd in the District, but they are just one win against Clinton away from doing that. Halls owned tonight thanks in large part to Clay Seigers game of the season. The boy couldn't miss out there. I sure hope someone has got some numbers on this game so I don't have to wait until the morning to find out. Unbelievable victory for Halls and the final score won't emphasize I'm sure how they dominated. I thought for sure that Halls would be out of gas tonight after having to go to Karns and win and turn around tonight and play a team like Powell.

Conference Overall

Team W-L Win % W-L Win %

OAK RIDGE 10-2

CLINTON 7-4 <---game vs. Halls 2/15

POWELL 7-5

HALLS 6-5 <---game @ Clinton 2/15

KARNS 6-6

CENTRAL 3-9

CAMPBELL COUNTY 2-10

With a Halls win Tuesday, the district I believe will shape up like this.

Oak Ridge 10-2

Halls 7-5

Clinton 7-5

Powell 7-5

Karns 6-6

Central 3-9

Campbell County 2-10

With a Clinton win, it should be like this.

Oak Ridge 10-2

Clinton 8-4

Powell 7-5

Halls 6-6

Karns 6-6

Central 3-9

Campbell County 2-10.

Let me know if I'm wrong about this. The Halls/Karns seeding wouldn't matter if I'm not mistaken in the second scenario.

Well, the district just got all the more interesting with the Halls W tonight.  This is how it shapes up.  Halls is very close to doing the impossible.  Noone, including myself, has believed they have a remote chance of rebounding and taking 2nd in the District, but they are just one win against Clinton away from doing that.  Halls owned tonight thanks in large part to Clay Seigers game of the season.  The boy couldn't miss out there.  I sure hope someone has got some numbers on this game so I don't have to wait until the morning to find out.  Unbelievable victory for Halls and the final score won't emphasize I'm sure how they dominated.  I thought for sure that Halls would be out of gas tonight after having to go to Karns and win and turn around tonight and play a team like Powell

Conference Overall

Team W-L Win % W-L Win %

OAK RIDGE  10-2

CLINTON  7-4 <---game vs. Halls 2/15

POWELL  7-5

HALLS 6-5 <---game @ Clinton 2/15

KARNS  6-6

CENTRAL  3-9

CAMPBELL COUNTY  2-10

With a Halls win Tuesday, the district I believe will shape up like this.

Oak Ridge 10-2

Halls 7-5

Clinton 7-5

Powell 7-5

Karns 6-6

Central 3-9

Campbell County 2-10

With a Clinton win, it should be like this.

Oak Ridge 10-2

Clinton 8-4

Powell 7-5

Halls 6-6

Karns 6-6

Central 3-9

Campbell County 2-10.

Let me know if I'm wrong about this.  The Halls/Karns seeding wouldn't matter if I'm not mistaken in the second scenario.

825563603[/snapback]

Halls can only get third because Clinton and Halls would have the same record but since Clinton beat Oa Ridge they woud win the tie-breaker.

Halls can only get third because Clinton and Halls would have the same record but since Clinton beat Oa Ridge they woud win the tie-breaker.

825563723[/snapback]

really? that just doesn't seem right because head to head between Clinton Halls and Powell if they tied, Halls would be 3-1 against the other two, Clinton 2-2, and powell 1-3. Do they break the tie based on who beat the #1 team instead of head to head like this because if they do, then they should change that for the future. that seems crazy to be down right honest.

really?  that just doesn't seem right because head to head between Clinton Halls and Powell if they tied, Halls would be 3-1 against the other two, Clinton 2-2, and powell 1-3.  Do they break the tie based on who beat the #1 team instead of head to head like this because if they do, then they should change that for the future.  that seems crazy to be down right honest.

825563737[/snapback]

I am nearly positive that jamesd is correct. If Halls wins at Clinton, they get second. I hope they do it. They have more heart than any team in the district. For anyone who knows me, they know how impossibly difficult it is for me to admit that.

Edited by mocs30

I am nearly positive that jamesd is correct. If Halls wins at Clinton, they get second. I hope they do it. They have more heart than any team in the district. For anyone who knows me, they know how impossibly difficult it is for me to admit that.

825563934[/snapback]

Ya i guess you all are right. I forgot about Powell having the same record too. We will see how it all playes out Tuesday night at Clinton.

Geeze Clay. I read the shopper today...I didn't realize you had played 2 games earlier in the day on Saturday. My goodness gracious alive man. That was an incredible feat that you pulled on Saturday scoring 62 points in the two jv games and Powell game all 3 combined. Good luck tonight although you may not see this until after the game.

Geeze Clay.  I read the shopper today...I didn't realize you had played 2 games earlier in the day on Saturday.  My goodness gracious alive man.  That was an incredible feat that you pulled on Saturday scoring 62 points in the two jv games and Powell game all 3 combined.  Good luck tonight although you may not see this until after the game.

825567538[/snapback]

Thanks Jamesd. Zach Cantrell and Travis Varner really opened things up for me by playing so well in the first two games we had in the tournament. In the varsity game Borum hitting some shots early and Cameron's penetration can open anybody up. Cody also played good and they doubled down on him a couple of times leaving me open. Thanks again and it should be a good one tonight.

Edited by hhsbball12