Wartburg vs Oneida

harvo20

I can't remember the exact year i think 1998 a very good oneida team lost to oakdale and came back and went to the final four in the state tourney so there is always hope. i do agree that loss hurt us mentaly, it was embarassing very embarassing, but i also know that the oneida boys know that they are the best team in the district if they play. they have a great coach, athletes out the rear, and nine senoirs. we need to prove ourselves because we haven't gave anybody a reason to believe in us yet. IT IS COMING.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its never too late to turn a season around in high school basketball. Teams could go 0-24 in the regular season and win the championship. If the Indians get hot in the tourneys (which many teams do) they have just a good of chance to go to the state as anyone else in district 4-A. I watched them at home against Rockwood and they hit 7 or 8 threes in the first quarter. It was amazing. Dont count anyone out in high school basketball. These kids have so many distractions with school, girls, and other little things. It all depends on who comes to play on game nights.

825533751[/snapback]

So. . . school is a "distraction"? :)

You must be one SERIOUS Sports fan!

---rSquared

The Indians are due a big game. They are yet to put up 4 quarters of good basketball(ex. Rockwood, York). The 4th quarter seems to be a struggle for the Indians but I think they might break out tomorrow against a very good Wartburg team. I have a question for someone, when was the last time Oneida won in the Dog Pound?

I can't remember the exact year i think 1998 a very good oneida team lost to oakdale and came back and went to the final four in the state tourney so there is always hope. i do agree that loss hurt us mentaly, it was embarassing very embarassing, but i also know that the oneida boys know that they are the best team in the district if they play. they have a great coach, athletes out the rear, and nine senoirs. we need to prove ourselves because we haven't gave anybody a reason to believe in us yet. IT IS COMING.

825534990[/snapback]

I believe the year ('98) is correct, if memory serves me well. I was an asst. coach on the Oakdale staff at that time and hardly anyone expected us to come to Oneida and win on their home floor. I believe they beat us by 7 or 8 points, maybe even more, when they came to Oakdale later that season.

---rSquared

Oneida has lead in the 2nd half of 7 of their 11 losses. 3 losses coming within 4 points. Your talking about a team that could be 14-4 or close...but instead, because of not taking care of the basketball and controlling the clock, they are 7-11.

Again, I believe that the Indians will make a strong turnaround. It needs to start soon, (Tues. @ Wartburg) but they can do it...if they remain TEAM oriented.

After watching Oneida play, here is what I think. Oneida is capable of beating any team any night if they play TOGETHER. It seems like when the other team hits a big basket then Oneida goes to a ONE on ONE game. Oneida doesn't have the players to go one on one. They start forcing everything and shooting terrible shots. Oneida has to establish some sort of post game to make a run in the tourney. If the post don't show up, Oneida will be one and done in the tourney. Quit playing ME ball and play TEAM ball. Make the tradition at Oneida come back to life. Play hard for 4 quarters and leave everything out there. Basketball is a game with 5 players not 1. Play as a TEAM and you will win. You have the TEAM to do it. Make Oneida proud and suck it up, when things don't go your way, who cares make it up by playing harder. Go ONEIDA beat THE DOGS!!!!

After watching Oneida play, here is what I think.  Oneida is capable of beating any team any night if they play TOGETHER.  It seems like when the other team hits a big basket then Oneida goes to a ONE on ONE game.  Oneida doesn't have the players to go one on one.  They start forcing everything and shooting terrible shots.  Oneida has to establish some sort of post game to make a run in the tourney.  If the post don't show up, Oneida will be one and done in the tourney.  Quit playing ME ball and play TEAM ball.  Make the tradition at Oneida come back to life.  Play hard for 4 quarters and leave everything out there.  Basketball is a game with 5 players not 1.  Play as a TEAM and you will win.  You have the TEAM to do it.  Make Oneida proud and suck it up, when things don't go your way, who cares make it up by playing harder.  Go ONEIDA beat THE DOGS!!!!

825535517[/snapback]

About time someone said it....