Loudon, what's up with them?

shredded cheese

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know who the other candidates are for the upcoming position but i have to think that the coach you are speaking of BigOrange has a good chance at being the front runner. I really feel that he knows the kids very well that are upcoming varsity players as he has coached them for a year or so and made that program in the middle school very successful. The difference in him and the guy that is there now is that they very much respect him and would do anything that they would be asked to do. It is definately a mess down there right now and not too many coaches would be jumping at the chance to coach there. But im sure whoever takes the job has some choices to make....... first off, will any of them be able to get the best players from that area to come back and commit to high school basketball again? If so, how will the current players respond to the guys coming back? To be honest, i feel the Coach Wells has the mentality that he could win these guys over.

The parents in this place are the worst i have seen as far as being supportive of a coach, that may be because of jealousy of playing time, or maybe too many dreams not being lived out by their sons. Who know? But any coaching position that is taken, parents are the epidemy of the evil as we know it. Wells has some good connections down here and i think that he has the right people on his side when it comes down to having the chance of getting this job. I think he is still rather young..... maybe 28 or so and is someone that dedicates hisself to whatever he is doing. There is no one that would work harder. That guy spent day in and day out with those middle schoolers and made them the great players they are today. Not too many coaches are willing to do that for their kids anymore.

The good thing about being young and being successful is that you can mold your own discipline issues and deal with them the way you want to and dont have to follow anyone. This guy can lite a kid up with the best of them, but if you ask any of his past players the guy does it with class, he never cusses kids, he never hits kids, or does anything to that nature, but he gets in their minds and makes them correct themeselves. He also has had the diversity of coaching young girls and that is a new task in itself. This guy has the respect of many young athletes because of his discipline styles as well as his styles of coaching.

Lastly, my true feeling about this issue is that with Wells being so young and talented..... if we dont snatch this guy up, we are going to lose him to the Lenoir City group or another school in the area and we will be kicking ourselves later on for it. This guy can coach, he is a winner, he wins the kids over in their hearts where it should be, and not always in the hallways. This guy doesnt need to be looked over, he can bring the nation back to a level that can be very much respected.

redskinthruandthru

I very much agree with you that Wells could turn Loudon around, I believe that anyone in the school would play for him and he is a very popular coach around Loudon. He is an assistant at Lenior City right now, but I heard that someone on the school board doesn't want him to get the job because he went to North Middle last year to get a job and then Loudon offered him a job but he stayed at North Middle because he has outstanding morals. He coached for one year at Loudon but I think that everyone who didn't go to Loudon would also be very willing to play for him. From everyone around talking I think that IF he got the job then his biggest problem would be having to cut some of the best players in the school because they all would want to play for him. I heard that once he said stinks...once. Other then that he has said "stinkin' crap." I think kids and parents around here would respect him because he shows respect to everyone. He knows how to get his teams ready to play and fired up. Watching him coach in the past I know for certain that he can flat-out coach. He knows his basketball and it seems like he quickly picks up on everything that happens. I believe the officials at Loudon should already have hired him but now I think they should go ahead and talk to him because he is young and upcoming and once he gets his chance there's gonna be no stopping him. He has what it takes to make Loudon one of the top teams in the region and he can definitely get Loudon up there with AC in district. I really believe Shane Wells is the man for the job and I sure hope that he does get it.

i agree with u cardinal. loudon has the players and the skill to have a good team. but i think that if they gave caoch brown who is caoching now a chance he could be a good coach. i think that the coach form north middle would be good too. they just need to get someone in there that the players will go all out for again like they did for caoch mitchel. the coach they have now has a lot of energy and excitment during the games and gets into it. but i think if they will finish the season out strong for him he might have a chance of getting the job.

I think Wells would be better than Brown because of the way he conducts himself. Brown has an enormous amount of energy, that is true, but watching him and the way he acts I think Wells has much more class and everyone would appreciate Wells, watching Loudon with Brown as the interim coach they just tried to do what Mitchell taught them, only Mitchell coached Loudon to a nice amount of wins. Also don't overlook the possibility of an outside source coming in to coach at Loudon. Sure they brought in MacDonald which didn't turn out as they hoped but Mitchell was also not from around Loudon and he turned out to be a very good coach and is now doing a good job at White County. I do still believe Wells is the best candidate because all ths kids around Loudon know who he is and would like to play for him because he genuinely cares for every single player he has and still cares about them even after he is no longer coaching them.

Edited by CardinalRed

I think Coach Wells and Coach Brown could both do admirable jobs at Loudon and help bring the program back to respectability.......

Coach Mitchell is one of the best coaches anywhere, so to think another will duplicate his success is ridiculous...there are definitely players and athletes at Loudon, but Mitchell developed them and made them believe......

All I know is if you call "community support" what I witnessed at the AC game then I wouldn't wish that on any coach........

FLMS, Yeah, if you are who think you are then I think you know who I am too. Pitino is doing pretty good with Louisville ranked number 9 now, but about Loudon, the atmosphere for sports is pretty good but have you seen Loudon's student section? If you're not sure then they are the ones who stand up all night and hardly ever make any noise.

Edited by CardinalRed

FLMS, Yeah, if you are Wells and I think you are then I think you know who I am too.  Pitino is doing pretty good with Louisville ranked number 9 now, but about Loudon, the atmosphere for sports is pretty good but have you seen Loudon's student section?  If you're not sure then they are the ones who stand up all night and hardly ever make any noise.

825546767[/snapback]

Do they not get into the games? Doesn't sound like too much of a home court advantage to me. :o

Do they not get into the games? Doesn't sound like too much of a home court advantage to me. :ph34r:

825546936[/snapback]

Not really, Loudon's students only show up at home games which is understandable but they do not really get into games. They start out like they will be a big factor and then it quickly dies down, once the game gets going you usually hear just as much out of them cheering for the other team as you hear from them cheering for Loudon, for example, when McMinn Central came to Loudon and Beau Brown got an alley-oop dunk on Loudon it was louder than it had been all night. This is somewhat understandle too since it is harder to get behind a program that doesn't get any wins, but even when Loudon was good 2 years ago there was very little participation in the games from Loudon's student section.