Loudon, what's up with them?

shredded cheese

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cadinal red,

big game for the cards tonight against cincy!  maybe coach p can pull out another big one.  that was a nice dunk by beau wasn't it?

825548733[/snapback]

So is it just not encouraged by the faculty at the school to come out and support them or has the coaches in the past not been appreciative of the support before and now they just don't see a reason to participate :angry: ? It's a shame that it sounds like when there was a good, district winning program there that it wasn't supported.

Where would people need to send their resumes to, to get in on the race for the position?

Edited by shredded cheese

Yeah, Beau's dunk was pretty nice, but I heard that McMinn Central dunked on Sweetwater 16 times by the the time the game was over. I don't know where to send resumes, maybe the school board. The facility would like to see more of a student section it just doesn't ever seem to happen, whenever the students do get into a game they get out too close to court and sometimes on the edge of it and have to move back and it seems to discourage what little cheering efforts they had in hte first place. Pitino should win tonight and I hope so, look for O'Bannon to hit a few big shots, Dean to have excellent ball handling and distribution, and Garcia's usual night. Also, Chris Paul better lead Wake to a win tonight, and Eric Williams needs to control the paint for Wake to win.

cardinal,

yeah i know who you are gotta be proud of the cards right now

825550522[/snapback]

Yeah, and they're supposed to get 2 7-footers next year but Garcia will probably leave, Telfair should've gone to college, what a fool. Anyway, good luck you for the rest of the year. Loudon's got Kingston Friday and Scott soon after, maybe they'll get a district win this year after all, sad considering they almost went to Murfreesboro two years ago.

Yeah, and they're supposed to get 2 7-footers next year but Garcia will probably leave, Telfair should've gone to college, what a fool.  Anyway, good luck you for the rest of the year.  Loudon's got Kingston Friday and Scott soon after, maybe they'll get a district win this year after all, sad considering they almost went to Murfreesboro two years ago.

825550620[/snapback]

Is there enough talent there to get to Murfreesboro in the next 2 to 4 years? If so, what are they missing the most, discipline on/off the floor or what?

Sorry, Shredded Cheese, I was talking about Louisville getting 2 7-footers.

Loudon has never really had much height, when Loudon wins it's usually by outrunning the other team or simply having more talent and athletic ability. There is enough talent in the school to make a run at getting to Murfreesboro but most of it is not on the basketball team anyway. They could use more discipline on and off the court but too much discipline gets everyone to quit or not even to try out. Good kids that get the grades when they want to but only like to listen if they have to.

Loudon has lost 14 straight, 17 of the last 18 were losses with the one win being against Greenback. 4-20 on the year with the wins being by 1 pt against Meigs Co. 4 pts against Harriman and a blowout against Sweetwater as well as a blowout of Greenback. Saturday Loudon lost by 11 to Harriman, just how far has Loudon fallen? A few years ago Loudon was a dominant force in the district and a threat to a very strong district (including AE and Fulton) in the regional tournaments. How long will Loudon stay down and what'll it take to get them back up? Just wanting to hear some opinions. I think it will take the best players playing again and a coach they will play for but the coach also needs to be able to coach and coach well.

Loudon has lost 14 straight, 17 of the last 18 were losses with the one win being against Greenback. 4-20 on the year with the wins being by 1 pt against Meigs Co. 4 pts against Harriman and a blowout against Sweetwater as well as a blowout of Greenback.  Saturday Loudon lost by 11 to Harriman, just how far has Loudon fallen?  A few years ago Loudon was a dominant force in the district and a threat to a very strong district (including AE and Fulton) in the regional tournaments.  How long will Loudon stay down and what'll it take to get them back up?  Just wanting to hear some opinions.  I think it will take the best players playing again and a coach they will play for but the coach also needs to be able to coach and coach well.

825564872[/snapback]

How does or will their district tounrament shake out? DO they have a chance in it to get a win?