State Championships

reftn

Walken,

I have heard that idea before.

What would be the rub with having the Dual Team Championships split and

the Individual States combined with no team score?

I havent heard the arguments for and against, but it sounds so rational no one would ever go for it.

reftn

Walken,

I have heard that idea before.

What would be the rub with having the Dual Team Championships split and

the Individual States combined with no team score?

I havent heard the arguments for and against, but it sounds so rational no one would ever go for it.

reftn

825536672[/snapback]

No offical team score, would be more like it. It would be scored by the coaches, fans and wrestlers, even without the sanction of the TSSAA.

otherwise, it sounds like a reasonable idea.

OK How about this a d1 vs. d2 state champions dual? That way everyone gets their d1 / d2 fix. If someone declines the invite move to the next placewinner. Sound good?

825536757[/snapback]

This is done in VA, which has a 3-way A/AA/AAA split. there is a loophole in the "no all-star competitions" that was found, and thus the Triple A champs (usually the Great Bridge lineup....Hahaha) meet a mixture of the Single A and Double A champs in a dual the week after states.

However, there is still a "private school division", and they do not take part in the all-star match.

I would say that USAW and the TWF would be the easiest way to do this--have an invite-only folkstyle tourney open to the top 3-4 in each division.

reftn - My impression of the situation is that while the official reason for the split was the desire of some of the privates to provide financial aid, that several of the folks in power have personal problems with each other and due to those feelings they would resist the combined individual tourney without the team scoring no matter how logical or reasonable. When personalities get involved its not always about whats best for the kids and the sport. Whether the individual tourney is changed or not, I still don't understand the down side to having more classifications for the team duals tourney. I predict that the small school division that is being added this year will be a great thing. There might be room for an even smaller school division also and possibly a small school D2 division depending on the level of interest. They're already having a tourney, what's the added expense besides 14 more medals and a plaque? Surely the added attendance would more then offset those costs.

This is done in VA, which has a 3-way A/AA/AAA split. there is a loophole in the "no all-star competitions" that was found, and thus the Triple A champs (usually the Great Bridge lineup....Hahaha) meet a mixture of the Single A and Double A champs in a dual the week after states.

However, there is still a "private school division", and they do not take part in the all-star match.

I would say that USAW and the TWF would be the easiest way to do this--have an invite-only folkstyle tourney open to the top 3-4 in each division.

825536938[/snapback]

So who could we talk to to get something like this done?