Toughest Region

clarksvillesman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree region 7 is by far the toughest. Clarksville,Rossview,and Harpeth are all ranked in the top 10. Then you have many outstanding kids from almost every team in this region.

Example: Hebda,Minwell,and Weakley from Clarksville.Allen,Gannon,Townsel,and Johnson from Rossview.Cox,Walsh,and Garza from Kenwood.

Plunk@119Nic Bundy@125,Tisdale@140,Chinnetti@171,Brooks@215

I would say that Region 7 is close, but look at what Region 3 brings:

Randolph (Brad) & Kilby (Cum)@ 103

Coleman(Clev) & Johnson(Brad)@ 112

Mang (Brad) @ 119 [i do think Plunk will win this weight though]

Withrow(Brad), Cranfill (Rhea) & Ramos(Clev) @125 [Granted Bundy may beat all]

Miller (Clev)@ 130

Esminger (Brad)@ 135

Creagan (Brad)@ 140 [i think J. Tisdale may win this class]

Fuller (Brad) & Nichols(Clev)@ 145

Spain (Brad)@ 152

Hampton (Clev)@ 189

Sively (Brad) & Langford (Cook)@ 215

Grady (Brad) & Birman (Cook)@ 275

Having Bradley, alone, makes Region three a powerhouse but adding Cleveland just puts them over the top. But for the sake of argument here's what Region 7 brings (keep in mund these are the wrestlers I have seen the most):

Plunk (Harp)@ 119 [My pick to win it all]

N. Bundy (Hend)@ 125

Isabell (MtJ)@ 130

Kleinhart (Bee)@ 135

Gannon (Ros) & Tisdale (Bee)@ 140

Cox (Ken) & Brooks (Clk)@ 145

Pease (Clk)@ 152

Hebda (Clk) & Johnson (Ros)@ 160 [Johnson's my pick to pull a "Bundy-esque" move at State this year)

Chinetti (NW), Ligon (NE), Walsh (Ken) & Minwell (Clk)@ 171 [Minwell is my pick to win it all]

Garza (Ken) & Weakley (Clk)@ 189

Brooks (DC)@ 215

Davis (Clk)@ 275

Still, if comparing the two list I say that there's more legitimate medalists from Region 3 than Region 7.

HOWEVER, after looking at the other Regions I would have to put Region 5 1st with Blackman, Brentwood, Franklin, Page, Ravenwood, Smyrna, Tullahoma, & Warren Co. :( They Bring:

R. Konz (Frk) & Sanders (BW)@ 112

M. Oritz (Frk) & Pair (Pag)@119

Riggs (Pag) & Kerian (Rav)@130 [Kerian is my pick to win it all)

Holliman (BW) & K. Felix (Frk)@135 [i think Holliman may win it all, if not Fuller(SD)]

Roach (Wrn Co), Chamberlain (BW) & B. Felix (Frk)@140

Brink (Tul) & J. Konz (Frk)@ 145

Heacock (Frk)@ 152

Davis (Frk)@ 160

Crossley (BW) & Martin (Black)@ 171

Spencer (Rav), Kirn (Frk) & Meredith (Black)@ 189 [Obviously everyones pick is Kenny here :( ]

Slowey (BW)& Leach (Frk)@ 275

I wont go through a line up but look at some of the teams in Region 8: Bolton, Collierville, Cordova, Germantown, Houston & Ridgeway. Now just think of the individuals these team will bring to state! thumb

It will be interesting to see who ends up with the most medals and points scored. Region three, seven and five will be close. Region three may be the favorite becuase both Cleveland and Bradley have come on strong, but when you consdier 23 teams from region five including the likely champion Franklin, don't be surprised with the totals ending up in region five's favor once the dust settles.

The loss of Max will hurt, but Brink @ 145 could become the Bundy of 2005 and rack up some points.

soms

It will be interesting to see who ends up with the most medals and points scored.  Region three, seven and five will be close.  Region three may be the favorite becuase both Cleveland and Bradley have come on strong, but when you consdier 23 teams from region five including the likely champion Franklin, don't be surprised with the totals ending up in region five's favor once the dust settles.

soms

825537757[/snapback]

excellent analysis, soms! i agree. (apply appropriate clickable smilie)

I may be stupid and do not know which region this is, but the region with soddy daisy in it is the number one region in the state.

And region 7 hate to burst your bubble your not the best, and not the biggest, Region 5 is the larges with like 25 or somthing like that teams. If you look at the stats region 5 has scored the second most points last year at state tourney following i believe region 3.