Schaak vs. Ditka

thecia

It would be a close match but I think Schaack out quicks him for the win.

825540797[/snapback]

I think it would be a draw. Here is how I see it going down.

The two men aproach center. Ditka looks really mad. The whistle blow and Iron Mike begins chewing Shak out. Boy does he read him the riot act. This lasts the entire period. They take a break between periods and Ditka's corner man rolls out a cart covered in Mikes favorite Baby Back Ribs. Mike invites Shaak over to join him in this repast. After a few cold ones and bevy of ribs, both gentlemen forget why they are there and become life long friends. But mostly the match ends in a draw because both athletes have such bad indigestion that decide it is better not to move at all.

We were able to use the excuse, "We were in the wrestling room with Schaak" when our parents would accuse us of smoking! The man was chimney! Glad for his daughters he kicked the habit. Now if he can kick that "girleyman" acting stuff, he'll be OK. Trivia question: What year and what school was Schaak's only state championship as a head coach? In fact, it was his only year as a head coach. Probably one of the only coaches in any sport in the state to be batting 1.000 as a head coach.

We were able to use the excuse, "We were in the wrestling room with Schaak"  when our parents would accuse us of smoking! The man was chimney! Glad for his daughters he kicked the habit. Now if he can kick that "girleyman" acting stuff, he'll be OK. Trivia question: What year and what school was Schaak's only state championship as a head coach? In fact, it was his only year as a head coach. Probably one of the only coaches in any sport in the state to be batting 1.000 as a head coach.

825541006[/snapback]

Notre Dame High School, 1970

He was also an assistant to Nick Bratcher on Notre Dame's 1968 championship team

Shaack also holds the distinction of having coached both the father and the son in one of Tennessee's few ( 3 or 4, I think) father-son state champions : Yogi Anderson, NDHS 1968, and John Anderson, Baylor, 1996

Despite all these distinctions, Ditka probably kicks his butt

Notre Dame High School, 1970

He was also an assistant to Nick Bratcher  on Notre Dame's 1968 championship team

Shaack also holds the distinction of having coached both the father and the son in one of Tennessee's few ( 3 or 4, I think) father-son state champions :  Yogi Anderson, NDHS 1968, and John Anderson, Baylor, 1996

Despite all these distinctions,  Ditka probably kicks his butt

825541419[/snapback]

Truth be known, Nick was in charge of pushups, situps, running and sweating. Shaack was in charge of wrestling. Same coaching team was the runnerup in '69.

Who was the runnerup in '70 and by how much? If there's no interest in answering this question, it probably indicates mental health. The real notable stat was the difference in scores of the champion and runnerup.