south pittsburg

SPfan11

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm smoking chewing gum and if we played the second half like we did the first it would of been closer, and south pittsburg isn't my biggest rival even though i go to richard hardy. because we were only down by 4 at half. what happened i don't know? plus our girls almost cheated pittsburg by only losing by 5. team fouls for the game so. pitt-20-25 richard hardy-9

The Pirates have had a better year this year than I have ever seen. They have come a long way in the past 3 or 4 years. This is true that on paper many of those wins don't look that impressive, but a few years ago some of those games would have been losses. None of that matters until LV and CCS. If they pull off the wins there, SP wins the district and Lewis has got to be coach of the year hands down just because I don't believe they have won the district since maybe the 60's or 70's if at all.

825542586[/snapback]

They had some exceptional teams in the 80's and early 90's. They have always had decent basketball teams though until the last few years. Even then they had good talent just always had their mind on football. South Pittsburg has been to the State Tournament though I think it was 1986. I do agree their schedule is rather on the easy side but they are winning and they have beaten some good teams. The first time they played CCS if I'm not mistaken was pretty close until the very end.

they had a couple of good teams in 86 and 87, but i don't know where you're getting this early 90's thing. they won about 8 games from '89-'92. in '90-'91, they won 1 game, and in '92 they were 0-26.

825548125[/snapback]

I may have misspoke about the early 90's thing. I must have meant mid 90's. I do know they had some good teams in the 90's. In the late 90's they had some great talent but lacked the desire or coaching. Either one they still underachieved on the basketball court during that time.