New Wrestling Club

sly

Former UTC wrestler and coach Heath Eslinger will start a new wrestling club called "Higher Calling Wrestling Club". Registration/Practice is scheduled for March 21st. Fees, times and location will be announced soon. It will be a USAW club with an emphasis on Freestyle and Christian living. Stay tuned for more information.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great. Heath is a great role model and tremendous athlete. I wrestled with him for one season at UTC. The wrestlers that join this club will learn so much from Heath that they will be able not only apply to being successfull in wrestling but in all areas of life. By the way is he still on the coaching staff at UTC?

This is great.  Heath is a great role model and tremendous athlete.  I wrestled with him for one season at UTC.  The wrestlers that join this club will learn so much from Heath that they will be able not only apply to being successfull in wrestling but in all areas of life.  By the way is he still on the coaching staff at UTC?

825541351[/snapback]

No Heath isn't on the UTC staff anymore. Although, Terry Brands has called on Heath to come workout with some of the UTC wrestlers. Heath is a Youth Minister at First Baptist Church in Cleveland.

No Heath isn't on the UTC staff anymore.  Although, Terry Brands has called on Heath to come workout with some of the UTC wrestlers.  Heath is a Youth Minister at First Baptist Church in Cleveland.

825541929[/snapback]

This is agreat opportunity for some kids who do not have top quality coaches at their schools to improve themselves .Also kids who do have great coaches will have another great coach to learn from.

Thanks for the ideas. I am open to anything. Just want to be in a room working with kids who want to get better. I want this to become a place where athletes know they will get better at wrestling and life.

I am in the process of finding a place to host the practices. Questions I am asking are is it best to have both nights in Cleveland or is it best to have a night in Cleveland and maybe a night in Ooltewah. Facilities are the key and then the ability for athletes to get there. I do not want it to be the case where kids only come every now and then. I would rather have ten come consistently than 50 come once or twice.

I am willing to give all the money back to those who attend every practice. There work is more important to me than there money.

Hope to see many of you there in March.

Heath Eslinger

thumb Hey Heath, Interest is soaring in BC around wrestling. We've got 150 kids in kid's club. I know baseball will slow down some of these lil' wrestlers but you may be in for a flood of kids. As always, we're interested. Great idea and I love the idea of tying this in with solid morals and principles.

I can appreciate Chattanooga's desire for strong kids clubs.

I would like to see Chattanooga develop middle school league(s) that run parallel to the high school season. I think it is imperative to the long term success of wrestling in that area.

Nashville continues to explode in this area. I can envision a Mid State championship within two or three years encompassing over 60 middle school programs. The middle school programs are driving the high schools to offer programs.

I have no idea where Memphis or Knoxville is within this arena. Is it purely USAW, AAU, and FCI? Or maybe things are happening there I am not aware of.

I think it would be great to see the top four in each weight class from each of four regions of the state meet for a Middle School State Championships around...say...2009.

Any other thoughts?

reftn

I can appreciate Chattanooga's desire for strong kids clubs.

I would like to see Chattanooga develop  middle school league(s) that run parallel to the high school season.  I think it is imperative to the long term success of wrestling in that area.

Nashville continues to explode in this area.  I can envision a Mid State championship within two or three years encompassing over 60 middle school programs.  The middle school programs are driving the high schools to offer programs.

I have no idea where Memphis or Knoxville is within this arena.  Is it purely USAW, AAU, and FCI?  Or maybe things are happening there I am not aware of.

I think it would be great to see the top four in each weight class from each of four regions of the state meet for a Middle School State Championships around...say...2009.

Any other thoughts?

reftn

825545515[/snapback]

I am concerned about Middle School also, since the handwriting is on the wall that Middle School Sports are on their way out in Hamilton County. The coaches have already agreed that there will be no panhandling and begging for spare change next year, and the Adams / Register blood fued shows no signs of being over.

We (The Chattanooga wrestling community) will have to fill that 3 year void between Elementary School and High School somehow. Maybe USAW Folkstyle clubs will finally take hold here?

I dont know anything about the Adams/Register feud. Got a Reader's Digest version?

Clarksville struggled to get the middle school administrations to allow middle school wrestling. But it has been done. Somehow it seems unfair to give those schools kids that have middle school experience (j/k).

I am surprised the middle school parents in Chattanooga arent raising cain about that.

reftn