Region Dual Results

Aspen

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rueben here's some info from the Leaf Chronicle

The Wildcats wrapped up the Region 7 crown nine matches in, after Cliff Gibson won an 18-10 major decision over Josh Sumbler at 135 pounds, giving Clarksville an insurmountable 37-3 lead. The match started at the 189-pound weight class.

Ziolkowski (171) did his part by pinning Ryan Anderson in the first period and thereby made Clarksville's championship official.

"

Edited by Aspen

im curious about how the rossview-clarksville match went because i wasnt able to see it.  i know the score and i read the article, but i was curious if anyone out there had some more info on the match like weightclass results or just simply what happened

825544330[/snapback]

Started 189

Minwell wins pts

215 Weakly pins

275 davis pins

103 Kellitt pins

112 Ferguson wins pts

119 Weakly wins pts

125 Overstreet wins

130 Allen (rossview) wins pts

135 Gibson wins pts

140 Gosney beats Gannnon pts

145 Brooks wins forfiet

152 Johnson (rossview) pins Pease (David Johnson drops from 160)

160 Hebda wins

171 Zilkowski wins pin

Section I A/AA

Greenback is champion. Defeated Pigeon Forge, Seymour and Kingston

825541204[/snapback]

Congrats to the Grennback Nation! Your school and team is an amazing story! I bet your the smallest school at the State Duals. If so someone needs to contact the Knoxville paper and get your team the credit they deserve.

Good Luck and make Region 2 proud.

Right On Rigger!

The coachs from Greenback and FRA deserve special recognition for their ability to field a competitive team from within their relatively small schools - Greenback (255) and FRA (283). It's even more remarkable when you consider that both of these schools are coed so the pool of available(not necessarily willing or able) boys is about 125-150. I imagine that the coaches must prowl the hallways constantly searching for a student looking about the right size for a currently vacant weight.

Once they have found a group of wrestlers, these small school wrestling coaches are required to move wrestlers up or down to fill weight classes. They also have the stress of knowing that they have little or no backup for certain weights if a wrestler is sick, injured or otherwise occupied on a given match date.

Best of luck to Greenback & FRA. Let's see if David can slew Goliath.

Right On Rigger! 

The coachs from Greenback and FRA deserve special recognition for their ability to field a competitive team from within their relatively small schools - Greenback (255) and FRA (283). It's even more remarkable when you consider that both of these schools are coed so the pool of available(not necessarily willing or able) boys is about 125-150.  I imagine that the coaches must prowl the hallways constantly searching for a student looking about the right size for a currently vacant weight. 

Once they have found a group of wrestlers, these small school wrestling coaches are required to move wrestlers up or down to fill weight classes. They also have the stress of knowing that they have little or no backup for certain weights if a wrestler is sick, injured or otherwise occupied on a given match date.

Best of luck to Greenback & FRA.  Let's see if David can slew Goliath.

825544868[/snapback]

Good post Aspen! I didn't know the size of FRA. I knew it was a private school but not the size. Good Luck to all!