Best guard in Chattanooga

Chattbballfan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with Caleb. With all the games I've seen this year he just stands above everyone else. He just dribbles through defenses like it's nothing, moving effortlessly creating shots and shots for his teammates. If we're talking about raw genetic physical ability or lateral movement then yeah he's probably not the best in the city. But if we're talking about a complete basketball guard then yes. And yeah he has athleticism, anyone catch that two handed dunk against Pickett? His leadership along with ball handling, shooting, passing, playing good team D, a good basketball I.Q., clutch play, and the ability to take over a game put him over the top in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Please don't make me laugh. I intended this thread for serious comments only, please. When I talk about the best guard, I think all-around play...shhoting, ballhandling, defense, clutch, leadership, UNSELFISHNESS, etc.

Davis is a stroker no doubt. However, he plays defense like an elementary girl. Easily the most selfish player I've watched in a few years. Makes no one around him better. Not the best ballhandler. Certainly no leadership.  He had very little to do with Grace's success last year. That was all Van Horn and Parsons. Eldridge doesn't even make honorable mention.

825542743[/snapback]

Of course Eldridge is a leader and of course he has to shoot the ball. Who else is gonna take the shot and give Grace at least a chance to win. Your go-to-guy has to be selfish and your role players have to accept their roles. Who would you have take most of the shots for Grace?

You said on another post : http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtop...ost&p=825559924  that if you had an AAU team you would have Caleb on your team. Why is it that you would say that he wouldn't start for any SE  TN teams?

From  all (let me change that to "many of") your posts on Coach T it really seems that you have something against Temple, their players and program. Why is that?

Plus, by the looks of it -- you may not be a graduate of Ooltewah -- but it sure looks like you have some kind of connection. :blink:

825559947[/snapback]

yeah buddy get out of your you think everyone hates temple little wahtever deal you got going on and read what he said...he said i do think calebe would start for any team in SE tennessee, so you have a problem with him thining caleb is good now? man if people say good things about temple or bad things you get on to them

yeah buddy get out of your you think everyone hates temple little wahtever deal you got going on and read what he said...he said i do think calebe would start for any team in SE tennessee, so you have a problem with him thining caleb is good now? man if people say good things about temple or bad things you get on to them

825560086[/snapback]

Hey Mike -- my bad -- don't get all worked up about it.

I admit -- I made a mistake for once.

Please accept my apology basketballisbest. :blink:

Hey Mike -- my bad -- don't get all worked up about it.

I admit -- I made a mistake for once.

Please accept my apology basketballisbest. :ph34r:

825560109[/snapback]

its all good, i just dont like you being so defensive for temple and offensive against other schools and stuff is all, i dont really care about it all now im just a fan of basketball and like to see how everythings happening...but anyway you keep calling me by name, so do you know me or just know that its me on this name and keep using it? if you dont want me to know who you are its all good

I have played against and watched all the guards you are discussing. In no particular order here are my assessments.

1.) Caleb is an extremely good guard. He's tough to contain and unlike his brother he looks to pass first and can still put up 20 quick. Defensively he is unbelievable at the A level, if he had to guard AAA players every night it would be a different story.

2.) Corey Sanders probably the most athletic of all the players mentioned. Completely uncontrolable off the bounce, and makes up for alot of bad decisions and playing out of control with his ability to make the spectacular play(i.e a behind the back or no look pass when a simple bounce pass would work). Has alot of street to his game. Defensively he is a shut down guy, at the next level i would love to see him take the defensive side more seriously. Potential is Low to mid D1.

3.) Rodney Marsh is an unbeliveable scorer. But, that's about it. His defense is lack luster since he gambles so often looking for the steal. At the next level he is a tough fit. His descion making questionable for the 1 and he's to small for a 2. I compare him to a Sir Lee Mason type player. Of all the guards he is the best pure scorer. Potential is a JUCO or D2. I like JUCO so that he can transfer.

4.) Beau Brown has lots of work to do before he is considered an elite GUARD. He is with out a question a good high school player. But he has alot of work to do, its a good thing he has one more year. His potential is D2 or Low D1.

5.) Ogglesby from Bradley without question the best prospect of anyone mentioned. Just a sophmore and starting on one of the best teams in the State this is going to be the special prospect from the Chatt area that we have been needing. Can score, play D, dish it, and makes good not great decisions. JUST A SOPHMORE!!!

6.) Plavich from Baylor, he can't dribble not that strong, basically your average white guy. But wait he can tickle the twines just like his brother, and the last time i checked he wasn't doing that bad not being able to shoot off the bounce 13 ppg 40% from 3 in conf USA not bad.

Those are my humble assesments of the ones i have played against or watched play more than one time.

its all good, i just dont like you being so defensive for temple and offensive against other schools and stuff is all, i dont really care about it all now im just a fan of basketball and like to see how everythings happening...but anyway you keep calling me by name, so do you know me or just know that its me on this name and keep using it? if you dont want me to know who you are its all good

825560269[/snapback]

That's cool. It's all in fun. I am a little biased when it comes to Temple, but I'll try not to be so "offensive" towards other schools. You know how it is.

Yeah, I know who you are -- but you don't know me. I've watched you play in the past and appreciate your game. Sometimes I just like to get you guys worked up. But again, it's all in fun. thumb

That's cool. It's all in fun. I am a little biased when it comes to Temple, but I'll try not to be so "offensive" towards other schools. You know how it is.

Yeah, I know who you are -- but you don't know me. I've watched you play in the past and appreciate your game. Sometimes I just like to get you guys worked up. But again, it's all in fun.  thumb

825560585[/snapback]

yeah i understand that i do the same thing with people on here too sometimes, but its all for the sake of arguing haha