who will be the hermitage springs coach?

Basketballislife0918

Re read my post I edited it. If I am not mistaken that person was Sloan Hannhan, he had 5 3's vs H.S. Well he had 7 vs RBS, I think he had 6 vs. Montery, 4 vs. Pickett, and 4 vs. Celina @ Celina.. No one has really stopped him and I know Pickett and Celina played man to man against them.

Edited by kaeXo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this even being dicussed on this board?  95% of the people who post on here have no clue who Coach Sneed is.

Not 2 put that Andrew boy down but from the games I have watched he couldn't handle the ball worth anything? I didn't say H.S. has great D but they have the best D that school has seen in awhile.. I was looking at the past season if I saw correctly under Coach Micah, H.S. got beat by Van Buren Co. 107-22 and almost every game was a blowout. Almost every game the opposing team scored in the high 80's most 90's.  So don't say this team success came from their past coach.

825544660[/snapback]

andrew can handle the ball when given the chance. and it seems to me that someone had a problem with the other coach. the team he had wasn't nearly as good as this one either so you can't really compare that now can you. either way i've stated my opinion and i'm done i am curious to see what other ppl think so don't be afraid to say what you think. this is one of the only places you can!!!

and about hannahan i never said anyone else did it right i just said that we definitely done it wrong.

Edited by hsbasketballnut

they aren't even able to do some of the basic things on defense which is a sign of poor coaching, they seem to have poor fundamental skills which is another sign, 

825544653[/snapback]

I think it is very strange that you can blame your new high school coach for the HS player's lack of "fundamentals". Fundamentals are learned in PeeWee basketball as well as Jr. High. The players should know the fundamentals of basketball BEFORE they reach the high school level. So, if you want to be mad about that, then you should be mad at the PeeWee and Jr. High coaches.

Edited by Celinafan

No I am not the coach, but he says they don't play  defense this year. Well have they had any blowouts with people scoreing in the upper 90's like in the past 3 seasons? HSbasketballnut don't know anything, all he does is sit in the stands and jabber about everything, personally it makes him look stupid. If he don't like how the coach plays/coaches then why does he go? The only people mad @ Coach Sneed is the one's of the boy's family that he fussed on because he got yet another Tech. If the boy thinks he is being treated unfairly then why doesn't he just quit?  I hope Coach Sneed stays, even though I think Larry Clements would make a good coach, I think Coach Sneed has done a vgood job, and from what I have seen on this board %99 agree with me.

P.S. You say their success is coming from the past coach, from what I have seen not one of the players liked him.  Also Coach Sneed got that Russell boy 2 come and play and from what I have seen he is a very big help to this ball team.

Also they have held alot of teams 2 30 points this year, only team to score in the 70's on them was Celina, personally I think their defense is better than any past seasons this year.

825544654[/snapback]

I Agree with EVERY SINGLE thing you said!!!

I think it is very strange that you can blame your new high school coach for the HS player's lack of "fundamentals".  Fundamentals are learned in PeeWee basketball as well as Jr. High.  The players should know the fundamentals of basketball BEFORE they reach the high school level. So, if you want to be mad about that, then you should be mad at the PeeWee and Jr. High coaches.

825544759[/snapback]

I Agree here 2 and u know what we did not get those BASIC FUNDAMENTALS, and to tell u something else the coach says that after season that all the high school boys are going to work with the younger 1's after season so maybe it will help.

So many times I have seen people ready to get rid of a coach during their first year. Especially young coaches. Coach Sneed is doing fine. It's so easy to sit and point out what someone else is doing wrong. What about what they're doing right?

It's not like there are people waiting at the doors at HS to coach basketball. Be patient and give it time. Before long everyone will be at Celina anyway. Then let's see who complains about that.

Speaking of zone defense. Why can't you win with a zone? Syracuse wins 20+ games a year with 2-3 defense. Many college teams run either some type of zone or matchup. I agree that you should be a multidefensive team. But many coaches try to run only man 2 man and that is much easier to coach against.

By the time everyone gets to celina, i can guarantee that i won't be a fan of theirs cuz it will always be their school no matter who goes there. as for zone defense i didn't say that you can't win with it i just said that it's not good against a good 3 point shooting team. and there are other zones to try also. i never said he did everything wrong, but you have to admit that the boys aren't in shape at all. they rarely run and a good team has to be in shape. he has done some good things like finally getting the boys to slow the ball down so that they at least have a chance in every game even if there defense is weak cuz it will be a low scoreing game. After hearing what i heard that came out of the dressing room at half time of the trousdale game i will never like him again.......... the only way you should be able to say stuff like that to your players is if you are a state tourn type coach and i really don't think he is!!!

oh yeah and i hope if they do consolidate that our best players go to rbs......... dont' be surprised!

Edited by hsbasketballnut