Clarksville Northeast

10W40

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA...this is a topic that could go on for quite some time..It inspired me to register with coacht. I've been reading these forums for a couple of years and never posted. Truth be told 3 of the 5 main players are transfers. Thomas, her parents didn't like the northwest coach very much and "loved" northeasts "program". But it would have been silly to take her off of a state tournament bound team, so they waited a year. I think they actually moved to be zoned in N.E. but i'm not sure about that.

Wade..well, one of the better scoring talents in the district, since she's been in middle school. But kenwood highschool hasn't had a winning season in quite some time. 3 different coaches in 3 years. But alot has been said about wades attitude, I'm not sure how much martin pushed the subject of her coming to Northeast though. She's definately a bonus, but he didn't really need her. Evans is also a transfer. The phenom young point guard. She was suppose to go to Kenwood Highschool i think... Either there or Northwest, but her mother is in the school system at northeast. Hmmm...once again not a tough decision, but I believe that one was kinda "the program selling itself" situations...haha, right..

But best of Luck to Northeast, and the rest of 10AAA.. There's only a couple of teams that can actually compete with the rest of the region, it'll be a tough region to get out of though. Good Luck!!!

Edited by CvilleBball

HAHAHA...this is a topic that could go on for quite some time..It inspired me to register with coacht.  I've been reading these forums for a couple of years and never posted.  Truth be told 3 of the 5 main players are transfers.  Thomas, her parents didn't like the northwest coach very much and "loved" northeasts "program". But it would have been silly to take her off of a state tournament bound team, so they waited a year. I think they actually moved to be zoned in N.E. but i'm not sure about that. 

Wade..well, one of the better scoring talents in the district, since she's been in middle school.  But kenwood highschool hasn't had a winning season in quite some time.  3 different coaches in 3 years. But alot has been said about wades attitude, I'm not sure how much martin pushed the subject of her coming to Northeast though.  She's definately a bonus, but he didn't really need her.  Evans is also a transfer.  The phenom young point guard.  She was suppose to go to Kenwood Highschool i think... Either there or Northwest, but her mother is in the school system at northeast.  Hmmm...once again not a tough decision, but I believe that one was kinda "the program selling itself" situations...haha, right..

But best of Luck to Northeast, and the rest of 10AAA.. There's only a couple of teams that can actually compete with the rest of the region, it'll be a tough region to get out of though.  Good Luck!!!

825544655[/snapback]

Last I knew of Evans mom was principal at Kenwood Middle. Isn't it amusing how a coach's attitude can change about transfers when they think they see a chance at the big dance.

Edited by NUNYABZ

HAHAHA...this is a topic that could go on for quite some time..It inspired me to register with coacht.  I've been reading these forums for a couple of years and never posted.  Truth be told 3 of the 5 main players are transfers.  Thomas, her parents didn't like the northwest coach very much and "loved" northeasts "program". But it would have been silly to take her off of a state tournament bound team, so they waited a year. I think they actually moved to be zoned in N.E. but i'm not sure about that. 

Wade..well, one of the better scoring talents in the district, since she's been in middle school.  But kenwood highschool hasn't had a winning season in quite some time.  3 different coaches in 3 years. But alot has been said about wades attitude, I'm not sure how much martin pushed the subject of her coming to Northeast though.  She's definately a bonus, but he didn't really need her.  Evans is also a transfer.  The phenom young point guard.  She was suppose to go to Kenwood Highschool i think... Either there or Northwest, but her mother is in the school system at northeast.  Hmmm...once again not a tough decision, but I believe that one was kinda "the program selling itself" situations...haha, right..

But best of Luck to Northeast, and the rest of 10AAA.. There's only a couple of teams that can actually compete with the rest of the region, it'll be a tough region to get out of though.  Good Luck!!!

825544655[/snapback]

It doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize that these young ladies would have been playing for two of the states worst girls bball programs, so why not move if you can afford to. Plus Rick Martin is hands down one of the best coaches in the state...One of the best Motivators the sport of basketball has...Its recruiting but not by Martin going out and telling them to come but for obvious reasons...Kids love to win and compete and Martin gave them that opportunity. Wade was a added bonus from last year so they should be ok considering they made it to Substate without her last year.

TnBball I don't understand a statement you made. "It's recruiting but not by Martin going out and telling them to come but for obvious reasons."

Regardless the reasons that he is telling them to come, the point is, he is telling them to come. Recruiting is recruiting, it's illegal. Every parent, coach, and PLAYER knows this. So what kind of example is it he is setting.

No one is doughting Martins ability to coach, motivate, or sell the Northeast program. The question was asked about how some of these kids came from diff. schools. Now it may have been a sarcastic question asking "how?" none the less, I gave an explaination.

As far as Evans mom, my mistake. I thought her mom was involved in Northeast some way or another. I thought that's the way she was able to go to Northeast. I'd be interested in knowing how that ones being pulled off. Did she get cought in the re-zone?

Edited by CvilleBball