Hey DHeat

bizazz

I was looking at some college rosters and noticed that David Parker was absent from the LMU roster.

I knew that one of his Thunder teammates Dustin Plumlee came home. Did David come home or change schools as well?

My son played with David this summer, and I enjoyed getting to know him and his family.

I was looking  at some college rosters and noticed that David Parker was absent from the LMU roster.

I knew that one of his Thunder teammates Dustin Plumlee came home.  Did David come home or change schools as well?

My son played with David this summer, and I enjoyed getting to know him and his family.

825544585[/snapback]

Dustin Plumlee, David Parker and Kyle Hodges have all left the LMU program. I understand David and Kyle are not playing anywhere. Dustin has an opportunity to walk on at Tennessee but has been denied a release from LMU at this time.

Don't know why. Still trying to find out. I talked to David at Christmas break and he was trying to make a decission on staying. Guess he opted out. Not sure about Hodges. I'll try to find out. It's a shame teo very good ball players not playing anywhere. By the way Tucker is trying to get into Wesylan, not sure if it will happen for the spring. You could have a good starting rotation whit who's not playing now Tucker, Parker, Pumlee. then Hodges and Justin Young in the middle. What a waste!!!

There are SO many variables when it comes to being happy in college. Not only does the player have to fit with the team and coach, but also fit into the campus culture, classwork, etc. It's a huge adjustment from high school.

These are all good ballplayers. If they want to continue playing somewhere I hope they get that opportunity.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know why. Still trying to find out. I talked to David at Christmas break and he was trying to make a decission on staying. Guess he opted out. Not sure about Hodges. I'll try to find out. It's a shame teo very good ball players not playing anywhere. By the way Tucker is trying to get into Wesylan, not sure if it will happen for the spring. You could have a good starting rotation whit who's not playing now Tucker, Parker, Pumlee. then Hodges and Justin Young in the middle. What a waste!!!

825546514[/snapback]

it is a shame about these guys now you can put brown watson in this group and next year word is zach ross is gone also. Thats a good team. what were these guys thinkin. Young will be in a ju-co next year. Mark my word

it is a shame about these guys now you can put brown watson in this group and next year word is zach ross is gone also.  Thats a good team.  what were these guys thinkin.  Young will be in a ju-co next year.  Mark my word

825575397[/snapback]

Where are you getting this about Young? I highly doubt that he'll ever play again.

it is a shame about these guys now you can put brown watson in this group and next year word is zach ross is gone also.  Thats a good team.  what were these guys thinkin.  Young will be in a ju-co next year.  Mark my word

825575397[/snapback]

Did Watson leave Hiwassee?

As I said earlier, there are LOTs of different reasons why things might not work out at a particular college - sometimes at no fault of the player.