Harpeth-Cheatham (Friday 2/4/05)

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Dang.........how do these threads get so screwed up?

Both Harpeth teams don't have the luxury of looking ahead to the Cheatham County game on Friday. They are stepping up to play my alma mater tonight in Columbia. The Lady Lions are #5 in the state in AAA with a 21-2 record and the Lady Indians are #4 in AA I believe with a 20-2 record. This one will be a barn burner.

The Lions are 19-6 coming off a 2 point loss to #1 Franklin while Harpeth is hoovering around .500. I don't look for this one to be much of a contest, but it should be valuable experience prior to the district tournament. Jamies team likes to run.......but they can't run with Columbia. One common opponent is Maplewood who beat Harpeth by 20 and got beat by Columbia by 20. How the Indians respond to tonight's game could have an effect on them Friday. Hard to say.

Slube and I are going to the Lion's den tonight to root for Harpeth. I'll try to report on the games tonight.

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish i am surprised in you calling harpeth cheatham game of the week.  I thought your boys were sycamore.  Dont they visit the Tigers' house on friday??

The best game in all of 10AA friday will be cheatham harpeth girls!!  I belive i will make a trip for that one

825546615[/snapback]

I am a Sycamore man through & through afan!!! I hope that the War Eagles are able to go to Waverly and continue their recent winning ways this Friday night. However, that game does not have near as much bearing in the district standings as this one. If Sycamore wins, then they will be helped out tremendously by whomever is the winner of this basketball game. Instead of making that long trip to Humphreys County on Friday night, I'll drive about 15 MINUTES from my home to watch the Harpeth-Cheatham game.

I hope to meet you guys there Slube & ksgovols!!! BTW, how is the search going for a new head football coach in Kingston Springs???

I am a Sycamore man through & through afan!!!  I hope that the War Eagles are able to go to Waverly and continue their recent winning ways this Friday night.  However, that game does not have near as much bearing in the district standings as this one.  If Sycamore wins, then they will be helped out tremendously by whomever is the winner of this basketball game.  Instead of making that long trip to Humphreys County on Friday night, I'll drive about 15 MINUTES from my home to watch the Harpeth-Cheatham game. 

I hope to meet you guys there Slube & ksgovols!!!  BTW, how is the search going for a new head football coach in Kingston Springs???

825546826[/snapback]

me and utvols look like we are gonna make the 3 hr drive to the cheatham harpeth game as well but are main interest will be the girls game. i hope we get there in time to get a seat

B) We'll be there. No predicitions though. Revenge games are tough ones!

I think Coach Collins has interviewed several candidates, but I'm not sure there's a teaching position open just yet, plus the fact that the county is also operating under an interim director of schools..........again. We need somebody in before spring practice starts, that's for sure. I was hopin' you might know! :o

Guest catfish-hunter

I stated in an earlier post in this thread that Harpeth has owned Cheatham since Jamie Wilson became the head coach of the Indians. The exact record Harpeth holds over Cheatham during that span is 6-1. That is about as one-sided as it gets.

Now's your chance to pick a game up fellows. RD is out for potentially the rest of the season as I understand as of tonight.

After a few rumblings of rumor spread today, I got to Columbia to find the grapevine was correct when it reported that RD injured his hand against Nashville Christian on Saturday. I saw him hit (slug, punch) the padded wall after fouling someone. It didn't look like much to me and he played the rest of the game. Apparently, it's enough to keep him off the floor for at least 2 weeks.

Columbia ran over the guys tonight like a Mack Truck. It was some ugly basketball from Harpeth's standpoint. Erland and Newton had good games, but Davis was stifled by some very aggressive defense.

Catfish, ksgovols' post from earlier Tuesday is about what I've heard from the coaching front. AD has been told he can't pull the trigger on hiring anybody right now. All involved are very frustrated.

I don't think RD being out will be a big deal. The Cubs where losing at halftime at Harpath when RD sat out the first half. The Cubs need to concentrate on defending and rebounding. If the Cubs can hold them to one shot and out and take good shots on the other end the Cubs can be successful.

Guest catfish-hunter

Derrick is maybe gone for the season for Harpeth & Darden is maybe gone for the season for CreekWood. Does anyone else in the district have any major injuries???

With CreekWood and Cheatham winning last night, Harpeth needs a win badly on Friday night if they wish to get the #2 seed. With a loss, Harpeth could still be the #3 seed because they'll get another chance to beat Sycamore (regardless of how the War Eagles game at Waverly turns out).