Waverly takes care of Hickman

afan1222

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly wins easily 56-28. Waverly's Ricco Ralston played an excellent game. He had 15 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists and played good help defense. There are not many players around that have Ricco's court vision and awareness. Ryan Hollis played very well on defense against the UT signee, Mathew Dotson. Trey Reeder had a solid game inside and will continue to be a key for Waverly's success. Low scoring first half with both teams combining for only 7 points in the second quarter. It was a good bounceback win for the Tigers, who seemed to play with more intensity and purpose. Hickman County did not appear to be the same team that beat Waverly by 3 in the Hall of Fame game.

I dont know the score, but i do know the Tigers are geting back on track. I thought Hickman Co. was suppost to have a matthew dotson, i heard he is a good player.... wait he was that #15 which was not anything above average.  The Tigers own Hickman Co.

825546032[/snapback]

Hey glad to hear you all have gotten better since the first matchup with the Dawgs... don't remember as much trash about Dotson then, huh, oh well... Yeah forget he is averaging Double Double (25 and 15) You are just one of a few teams that have held him under 20.. I would definitely be proud of that, but to dawg him and say

(quote afan1222) "I hope Dotson gets better and improves before he comes up to UT. A D-1 signee should dominate AA teams" To base that on one game that you didn't even see, How would you even know to make that comment?....

I wish Waverly the best, Hickman takes on a district foe tonight, maybe the team was just holding back.. I hope.. Oh and own Hickman Co.. Come 'on... that is just one win

Edited by Voldawg

I agree with voldawg.

Dotson still had 16 points. That was fighting through double and even triple teams i am sure. It is hard to dominate a team when you there is no support from teammates. Hickman County needs to do a lot of work if they want to advance in the post season. I am a die hard hickman county fan, but someone had to say it. Many of the players seem to play with no heart. Something needs to happen so that this does not become the program of the past. Say what you want, but i stand behind my comments. If you try and deny it you are only misleading yourself. It is not to late to get things going before tournament time, but it is all on the teams shoulders. Hillwood did it last year so lets see it happen this year.

And to say that you own Hickman County, but if i remember correctly you have lost 3 of the last 4 to them, that is just stupid. Waverly played a good game, but dont take that away with your ignorant comments.

OUT!!!

Final Score; Waverly 56 Hickman County 28

They got doubled up against a AA team. And you HC guys were doggin' on me a few weeks back.

Matthew Dodson= Boomer Herndon

Matthew is a good HS player and as it appears all that HC has but I think he would be better served at a lower level than the SEC. Boomer didn't last too long in Knoxville and I think they are similar players. I guess we'll see.

Final Score; Waverly 56 Hickman County 28

They got doubled up against a AA team. And you HC guys were doggin' on me a few weeks back.

Matthew Dodson= Boomer Herndon

Matthew is a good HS player and as it appears all that HC has but I think he would be better served at a lower level than the SEC. Boomer didn't last too long in Knoxville and I think they are similar players. I guess we'll see.

825546784[/snapback]

I like how everyone that "thinks" they are basketball gurus compares Dotson to the first person they can think of that didn't make it at UT.. Once again Chuck, I will take Bob Gibbons and Eric Bossi thoughts on how Dotson deserves to be at UT or any other High Major... and UT is lucky they got him... Then again, you probably have no idea who I am talking about seeing the way you compared him to herndon...

Edited by Voldawg