District 7-aaa 2005

Guest Oakland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how far back some of you go or if you are all high school kids. Does anyone other than myself think that the teams overall this season are weaker than in some of the season's past. For instance, I think the Oakland teams of the 90's would be hands down better than any team this season. Those with Gerald King, K.J. Harden, Matt Coble, etc. How about the Riverdale teams of the 80's with the Corder brothers? The White County state championship teams. Even the Oakland teams that finished second in the district those years with Brennan King, etc. they would dominate this year. Lebanon with Daniel Easterly and even in the 80's with a guy by the name of Troy Bond. Cookeville had some good teams too. Sacha Danilovic played there in the 80's, Ronnie Robinson. The teams with Terry Delaney, Brandon Flatt and company would win the district this year and they were a middle of the pack team then. Some of the Warren County teams of the 90's would finish in one of the top two places this year. I know most of you will disagree but I just really believe, this is not one of the strongest all around years for District 7AAA. That's not saying someone won't go a long way. I'm just saying some of the teams from the past would have little trouble this year. Now, you young guys don't be offended. Plus, most of you don't remember these teams so it would be hard for you to compare.

Let's see how far back some of you go or if you are all high school kids.  Does anyone other than myself think that the teams overall this season are weaker than in some of the season's past.  For instance, I think the Oakland teams of the 90's would be hands down better than any team this season.  Those with Gerald King, K.J. Harden, Matt Coble, etc.  How about the Riverdale teams of the 80's with the Corder brothers?  The White County state championship teams.  Even the Oakland teams that finished second in the district those years with Brennan King, etc.  they would dominate this year.  Lebanon with Daniel Easterly and even in the 80's with a guy by the name of Troy Bond.  Cookeville had some good teams too.  Sacha Danilovic played there in the 80's, Ronnie Robinson.  The teams with Terry Delaney, Brandon Flatt and company would win the district this year and they were a middle of the pack team then.  Some of the Warren County teams of the 90's would finish in one of the top two places this year.  I know most of you will disagree but I just really believe, this is not one of the strongest all around years for District 7AAA.  That's not saying someone won't go a long way.  I'm just saying some of the teams from the past would have little trouble this year.  Now, you young guys don't be offended.  Plus, most of you don't remember these teams so it would be hard for you to compare.

825512995[/snapback]

fullcourt.....I have seen all the teams play that you mentioned and I agree with you.

You are right but you have to realize that Murfreesboro's talent use togo to only 2 schools instead of 4. If it was still Riverdale and Oakland, then all of Blackman would be at Riverale and Siegel would be at Oakland. Could you imagine how good last years team of Riverdale+Blackman would have been, or this years Oakland+Siegel's team. If there was only Riverdale and Oakland like there was only 5 years ago, then last year Riverdale would have had Isaiah Phillips, Kris Lee, Labrian Lyons, David Price, Chris Perkins, Ben Sneed, ect. all on the same team which would have equaled unstoppable and a state championship. If there was still just Oakland then they would have Ramsey, Oden, Roper, Boyd, Dixon, Martin, Jones, ect. which would have equaled unstoppable and another state ship. It would have been back to back ships for the boro. But the funny thing is even though there is twice as many schools in the Boro now, all 4 remain competitive. 3 out of the 4, 1 of them could possibly make a run at the state tournament this year. Murfreesboro has alot of talent within our city.