4. Westmoreland 18-2

5. Pickett Co. (1) 19-4

For More:

http://www.coacht.com/story.cfm?doc=13861

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are startin to look better but the AAA is still all messed up. White Station jumped Northside which is unreal. Anyone who has seen these two teams play knows Northside is the better team this year. Fairley is still burried down at the bottom. In AA Liberty should have been in the top 10 i think but it looks better. Im still not sold on UC and Fulton being better than Bolivar though. Schedule some games with Northside and Raleigh-Egypt and their record wouldnt be so great.

These are startin to look better but the AAA is still all messed up. White Station jumped Northside which is unreal. Anyone who has seen these two teams play knows Northside is the better team this year. Fairley is still burried down at the bottom. In AA Liberty should have been in the top 10 i think but it looks better. Im still not sold on UC and Fulton being better than Bolivar though. Schedule some games with Northside and Raleigh-Egypt and their record wouldnt be so great.

825546523[/snapback]

good post but you have to think about this in a sense teams are limited as far as playing everbody in the state it's not like college where you can travel across country or in this case across the state in the middle of the week so you get a true gauge during the season because east tn teams cant travel to west tn every week

good post but you have to think about this in a sense teams are limited as far as playing everbody in the state it's not like college where you can travel across country or in this case across the state in the middle of the week so you get a true gauge during the season because east tn teams cant travel to west tn every week

825546554[/snapback]

Yea good point but i was really referring to Union City with the west TN teams i named because they can play these teams during the week. I just think its crazy when you look at the schedule rank on here for these 2 teams, Fulton-73 UC-84, but there are still ranked over Bolivar whose schedule rank is 2nd just because they have a slightly better record. Im not sayin they aint good teams, im sure they both have a good shot at goin to state this year. I know for sure UC is good ive watched them play but they will struggle against bigger teams cause their back court runs that team...but its one of the best gaurd combos ive seen in a while.

My bad Btown point well taken and gomab as far as Siegel is concerned it is because of pre season hype why they are ramked I have seen them play this year and in my opinion they are good but not top three in the state, they are very undisciplined especially the big men I honestly think they will get destroyd by Bradley Central or any West Tn AAA team

White Station jumped Jackson Northiside in the polls because of three decisive wins in which their top player averaged 26 points 9 rebounds and 7 assists a ball game. J.P. Prince is getting his teammates more involved and thus scoring production as a team jumped while DeAndre Bynum and Colin Cunningham had big weeks for the Spartans. 6'6 BF Chris Williams is about 90% after recovering from a foot injury that limited his mobility and forced him to miss several games. Ridgeway will travel to the Spartan palace on Feb 11th in a game that expects to draw a crowd in excess of 4,000. The White Station vs. Ridgeway series is building up to the magnitude of the 2000 16-AAA battles between Raleigh Egypt and White Station, squads led by Scooter McFagdon and Earnest Shelton respectively.

Yeah, I'll still take underrated Northside and Fairley as my top two teams, yet they seem unable to climb any in the AP poll... And Hamilton is at least deserving of being right on the cusp if not already in the Top 10... Still trying to figure out what Bradley and Siegel have done this year to warrant teh #2 and 3 rankings...

825546573[/snapback]

they play in middle/east tn so they get the votes of all of those sportwriters who havent been to memphis to see the true top teams

they play in middle/east tn so they get the votes of all of those sportwriters who havent been to memphis to see the true top teams

825546703[/snapback]

Im one of Siegel's biggest haters but I have seen them play and when they are playing like they are capable of, I think they could hang with anyone in the state...

All this stuff is meaningless until March, who cares until then anyway. Franklin is yet to lose so why shouldn't they be #1. It's kind of like St. Joe's in the college ranks last year they ran it out until their conference tournament undefeated but were they really the best team. Remember these are the STATE rankings not just the Go Memphis Top 10.