Robbery in Brainerd

Loose End

I disagree.  Foster holds on to the ball much better than Brown, IMO.  PG may not be his best position, but I think it's stretching it to say that he's a "turnover machine."  He's the glue that holds that team together.

825549866[/snapback]

Well, my opinion of Foster at PG is because typically your team takes on the attitude of the PG if the PG is a fighter and hard nosed (like critter) then the rest of your team trys to follow. The PG in basketball is synonomous with the QB in football, he is your team leader. Brandon gets a little out of control and makes far more turnovers than I have seen Critter make this year. However, one problem I see with moving BB to 2 is that he CAN'T shoot whereas Critter can. But they get pretty good results the way they line up now, just need to work on preserving a lead at the end of the game instead of always trying to score.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my opinion of Foster at PG is because typically your team takes on the attitude of the PG if the PG is a fighter and hard nosed (like critter) then the rest of your team trys to follow.  The PG in basketball is synonomous with the QB in football, he is your team leader.  Brandon gets a little out of control and makes far more turnovers than I have seen Critter make this year.  However, one problem I see with moving BB to 2 is that he CAN'T shoot whereas Critter can.  But they get pretty good results the way they line up now, just need to work on preserving a lead at the end of the game instead of always trying to score.

825550124[/snapback]

Personally Brown is where he needs to be at point gaurd. He does a good job of taking care of the ball. Foster needs to be on the wing . Baker has them in the right positions.

Michael, last year's team could have benefited from that cliche.  We obviously both love the same team, so why the attitude?

825549935[/snapback]

it was just a funny thing you said, i didn't have an attitude about it? and anyway how could last year's team have benefited from that? we were about as close as you could be as a team we were all best friends and did stuff together and everything and on the court we all held each other together and fed off of each other, we didn't have just one guy holding us together, much like i dont think they have one guy holding them together this year, they all know their roles and play them

Well, my opinion of Foster at PG is because typically your team takes on the attitude of the PG if the PG is a fighter and hard nosed (like critter) then the rest of your team trys to follow.  The PG in basketball is synonomous with the QB in football, he is your team leader.  Brandon gets a little out of control and makes far more turnovers than I have seen Critter make this year.  However, one problem I see with moving BB to 2 is that he CAN'T shoot whereas Critter can.  But they get pretty good results the way they line up now, just need to work on preserving a lead at the end of the game instead of always trying to score.

825550124[/snapback]

\

I don't know why people think Foster shoud be at the point over Brown. He isn't a turn over machine, but I garuntee that he has more turnovers than Brown has this year. If you look at the stats I am most certain he will. But I think it is not Brown and Foster are that need to be the ones to get this team over Brainerd. I think if they can get some productivity from Porter against the Panthers then they win this game. Its as simple as that.

I'm not sure if that's some sort of racist joke or not, but regardless, it seems most people who looked for a post about the game found their way here. In fact, I thought the title was particularly interesting or intriguing and would give people who don't know or care about Brainerd and Ooltewah a reason to see what was going on vs. a "Brainerd beats Ooltewah 61-60" title. Not to mention that I gave the first team in the title and the second team in the subtitle.

And given that we're in a boys' basketball forum, I find it interesting you were surprised that's what we were talking about.

825549807[/snapback]

Sarcasm is lost online. I did not mention anyone's race, and therefore that was not a "racist joke." Crime rates don't see colors, they simply state facts. Robbery is certainly not a crime that is committed only by a single race. But nevertheless, this is a basketball forum, and I have no desire to surprise someone with what I am discussing.

P.S. - Don't allow sarcasm to anger you. It carries no weapons...it is truly harmless.

Edited by atn301

That is understandable, but you have to understand your comments could greatly offend someone if taken in the wrong light. I, for one, apparently misunderstood you.

I think Brown does a good job at point, and I think Foster should remain on the wing. I agree on your comments about Porter, it seems like he is inconsistent, but I have not had the chance to see him play many times this year.

Sarcasm is lost online.  I did not mention anyone's race, and therefore that was not a "racist joke."  Crime rates don't see colors, they simply state facts.  Robbery is certainly not a crime that is committed only by a single race.  But nevertheless, this is a basketball forum, and I have no desire to surprise someone with what I am discussing. 

P.S. - Don't allow sarcasm to anger you.  It carries no weapons...it is truly harmless.

825551204[/snapback]

Sarcasm isn't lost online if you do it correctly. And I wasn't mad, I just misunderstood you and tried to defend myself.

And, I'll have to agree Brandon is best at point. I don't think Foster has the speed to bring the ball up, much less drive in and break down a zone. Brandon plays with such heart on the both sides of the court, I don't think he could be replaced. Though the idea of putting in Westbrook and maybe go with whoever has the hot hand between Foster and Murray in the 2 spot. Though it might be hard for White to adjust since he's played inside his whole career. I think C-Daddy has a better handle on the situation than any of us anyway.

The problem with the theory of sitting either Murray or Foster is the fact who will be the defender on the opponent's best offensive perimeter player. Murray has been the player that been the defensive stopper all year and it can be said that has affected his offense. He has held Knox Catholic's Brett Connor to 10 points and Branerd's Corey Sanders t 13 and 8 points. I don't think that Foster is an turnover machine, but some of his has come at bad times though and makes it look like he turns the ball over a lot.