Siegel vs Riverdale

Listenup

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Oakland[/url]' date='Feb 2 2005 - 12:30 AM']no doubt, riverdale's margin of victory over cookeville was very impressive and they have been playing some very good ball as of late but problem is they just dont have the inside game to compete with siegel's 1-2 punch of luke and keith. in order to win this game, smith is going to have to get some help down low, riverdale wont be able to do it all with their guards. plus, you really have to wonder if riverdale can mentally get over the hump. as much as i want riverdale to win because it would help out oakland, i just cant convince myself to do so

825548021[/snapback]

o yeah, no doubt about that. rebounds rebounds rebounds. makes such a difference in a game especially one to siegal. luke and keith are such scoring threats also of course. riverdale has to do something about that, but having played siegal twice already, they will know a good approach on this situation.

also, people sayin siegal by 15+, thats bull. IF siegal wins, it will be like all of their other wins as of recent...by about 5 points...MAX

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
o yeah, no doubt about that. rebounds rebounds rebounds. makes such a difference in a game especially one to siegal. luke and keith are such scoring threats also of course. riverdale has to do something about that, but having played siegal twice already, they will know a good approach on this situation.

also, people sayin siegal by 15+, thats bull. IF siegal wins, it will be like all of their other wins as of recent...by about 5 points...MAX

825548028[/snapback]

not just rebounds, riverdale has to keep siegel from putting too much pressure around the arch, mayfield or barrett is going to have to show they can post up and provide some points from the pain, we know they can shoot from the outside. if im siegel, i attack riverdale's weakness(ball handling) with some sort of trap, whether it be half court of full court, as often as siegel changes defenses, im sure we will see it at least a few times.

Oakland[/url'>' date='Feb 2 2005 - 01:49 AM']not just rebounds, riverdale has to keep siegel from putting too much pressure around the arch, mayfield or barrett is going to have to show they can post up and provide some points from the pain, we know they can shoot from the outside. if im siegel, i attack riverdale's weakness(ball handling) with some sort of trap, whether it be half court of full court, as often as siegel changes defenses, im sure we will see it at least a few times.

825548030[/snapback]

The recent emergence of Jesse Mayfield has added much needed depth to the post. Him and Kevin Smith will be able to hang with the twin towers and get them in foul trouble. Scott Thomas is one of the best slashers and ball handlers around, they better not try to trap him to much becuase the kid is a play maker. This team is a much different team than the one that stepped on the floor at Siegel Jan. 11th. They are much deeper and well rounded and really get after it, this will be a great game.

Guest Oakland
The recent emergence of Jesse Mayfield has added much needed depth to the post. Him and Kevin Smith will be able to hang with the twin towers and get them in foul trouble. Scott Thomas is one of the best slashers and ball handlers around, they better not try to trap him to much becuase the kid is a play maker. This team is a much different team than the one that stepped on the floor at Siegel Jan. 11th. They are much deeper and well rounded and really get after it, this will be a great game.

825548254[/snapback]

im not sold on mayfield as a bonafide post player, not yet at least, i havent seen him post up that many times, riverdale is going to have to go away from their 1 post offense a few times to be able be victorious. you say you wouldnt trap riverdale, but have you ever seen scott thomas bring the ball up the floor when preston smith is in the game? preston isnt a legit PG and if im siegel, i expose that weakness by going to a halfcourt trap

unless you have seen Keith and Jimmy playing lately then you wont understand this but at this point I don't see anyone stopping that duo. Keith ran PG in the first half vs. Lebanon and absolutely dominated them! They were at his will all night and then in the second half Jimmy ran the point and on some plays took on the whole Lebanon defense and won. If Riverdale wants to keep trying to play Hartsfield vs. Keith go ahead but it wont get you anywhere except for where the last two games ended ...with a loss. K. Smith is the only post presence they have and it wont be enough to stop keith...If we hit from the outside it will be a long night.

Riverdale wants to beat Siegel more than any other team I believe and in the last two games vs. Siegel that has hurt them and I think the same will be the case...we are hearing the same things from the Riverdale faithful as we did before the last two games...but we know how those games ended. Unless Riverdale durastically changes something I don't see them winning this game.

Siegel will give them so many looks...throwing off any offensive rythm while continuing their own offensive onslaught. The only thing i see keeping this game close is great shooting from Rivedale on the outside and foul trouble on Siegel. If that happens though I expect to see the Shipp ready to play for this game after getting acclamated with the offense. He will fill in nicely and do the job though.

Final Score

Siegel 66

Riverdale 56

Edited by Harris' hooligans

unless you have seen Keith and Jimmy playing lately then you wont understand this but at this point I don't see anyone stopping that duo.  Keith ran PG in the first half vs. Lebanon and absolutely dominated them!  They were at his will all night and then in the second half Jimmy ran the point and on some plays took on the whole Lebanon defense and won.  If Riverdale wants to keep trying to play Hartsfield vs. Keith go ahead but it wont get you anywhere except for where the last two games ended ...with a loss. K. Smith is the only post presence they have and it wont be enough to stop keith...If we hit from the outside it will be a long night. 

Riverdale wants to beat Siegel more than any other team I believe and in the last two games vs. Siegel that has hurt them and I think the same will be the case...we are hearing the same things from the Riverdale faithful as we did before the last two games...but we know how those games ended.  Unless Riverdale durastically changes something I don't see them winning this game. 

Siegel will give them so many looks...throwing off any offensive rythm while continuing their own offensive onslaught.  The only thing i see keeping this game close is great shooting from Rivedale on the outside and foul trouble on Siegel.  If that happens though I expect to see the Shipp ready to play for this game after getting acclamated with the offense.  He will fill in nicely and do the job though. 

Final Score

Siegel 66

Riverdale 56

825548408[/snapback]

Correct me if Im wrong...Siegel is playing the worst ball they have played all year, especially on the defensive end of the floor...like last night, put up 91 but allowed 88??? Where is the defense at Siegel? And as for the Luke Keith combo...they will be a combo once Luke can stay in the game for longer than 2 minutes without fouling...until then its just Keith standing alone in the post...and how long has the Shipp kid been with the team?

Correct me if Im wrong...Siegel is playing the worst ball they have played all year, especially on the defensive end of the floor...like last night, put up 91 but allowed 88??? Where is the defense at Siegel? And as for the Luke Keith combo...they will be a combo once Luke can stay in the game for longer than 2 minutes without fouling...until then its just Keith standing alone in the post...and how long has the Shipp kid been with the team?

825548420[/snapback]

you call scoring 91 the worst ball theyve played all year? i agree on D... Lucas has been doing better recently on his fouls but i wasnt there last night so i cant say much about that... shipp has been on the team since before the white county game

you call scoring 91 the worst ball theyve played all year? i agree on D... Lucas has been doing better recently on his fouls but i wasnt there last night so i cant say much about that... shipp has been on the team since before the white county game

825548430[/snapback]

Scoring a lot of points doesnt equal to good play...that game was over in the first half and Siegel let Lebanon get back in the came and get hot from beyond the arch and then they had to scrap to win...Lebanon shouldnt have been the game but Siegel let up and let my boys back in the game...

Scoring a lot of points doesnt equal to good play...that game was over in the first half and Siegel let Lebanon get back in the came and get hot from beyond the arch and then they had to scrap to win...Lebanon shouldnt have been the game but Siegel let up and let my boys back in the game...

825548439[/snapback]

seems like they tend to do that a lot.. why cant they keep a lead? anybody know?

We beat Lebanon at the style they wanted to play....we never trailed the whole game and were in control until they all of the sudden couldn't miss a shot....Luke had 3 fouls and got his 4th sometime in the 4the quarter 5 minutes left but because of the style being played Coach didn't put him back in went with all guards and keith. Luke has been doing fine lately in terms of fouls. He knows to be careful. if it wasn't for 34 points in the 4th quarter.....alot of that after keith picked up his 4th so they went to Donald and Keith literally let him go around him. but like i said If we get into foul trouble we will have problems but if we don't we are fine. Siegel is playing good offensively and really not playing bad defensively. We were up 17 after 9 minutes last night. 47-35 at half and then 66-54 after the 3rd. If you were at that game you would have known how hectic it was. Not necessarily terrible defense just a game where we were comfortable playing their style of game and beat them at it even though they did start shooting lights out at the end...much like it appears that White County started doing against Oakland.

Parker came onto the team after Chuckie quit...he is about 6'5 good size and will give us good minutes when Luke or Keith are in foul trouble.