Gallatin vs White House

BDP_FAN

I just got home from this ballgame and I must say, the coach from Gallatin has about as much class as my little finger. With his squad up by 30 late in the third quarter, he FINALLY, put in his subs. White House scored about two baskets, he called timeout and put his starters back in the game. I may not know much about basketball but I'm pretty sure with even a 26-28 point lead very late in the third quarter, you're pretty safe to leave in the subs. I let him know during that timeout exactly how classless he was. When the lead got back to a bit over 30, he put the subs back on the floor and then had them pressing. Apparently sportsmanship isn't something he deems high in a mans character and by his actions, doesn't teach that to his team. There were very heated words between him and the coaching staff of White House but I don't know what was said so I won't even comment on that issue. I sure do look forward to the day that a much superior team, such as Gallatin was to White House tonight, leads his Gallatin team by 40 and continues to pour it on. What goes around comes around and I hope his day of payback is soon !!!!!!!

I just got home from this ballgame and I must say, the coach from Gallatin has about as much class as my little finger.  With his squad up by 30 late in the third quarter, he FINALLY, put in his subs.  White House scored about two baskets, he called timeout and put his starters back in the game.  I may not know much about basketball but I'm pretty sure with even a 26-28 point lead very late in the third quarter, you're pretty safe to leave in the subs.  I let him know during that timeout exactly how classless he was.  When the lead got back to a bit over 30, he put the subs back on the floor and then had them pressing.  Apparently sportsmanship isn't something he deems high in a mans character and by his actions, doesn't teach that to his team.  There were very heated words between him and the coaching staff of White House but I don't know what was said so I won't even comment on that issue.  I sure do look forward to the day that a much superior team, such as Gallatin was to White House tonight, leads his Gallatin team by 40 and continues to pour it on.  What goes around comes around and I hope his day of payback is soon !!!!!!!

825547832[/snapback]

They are trying to think they gods because they beat White House so they have some type of confidence against WCHS Friday night.

I love when someone talks about another mans class then says something so smart about 2 sentences later as the previous poster said. "I let him know during the timeout how classless he was." So you went to the bench and showed how big a man you truly are. Great way to prove your point. That coach you speak of is named Bobby Luna and from experience he has much class. Also from the looks of your record your hopes and dreams of your team beating his teams very unlikely in near future. In the future do what most mature men do in that situation. Take your 27 point not 40 point butt whoopin get in the car and go home. Doesnt look like your team has beat his bunch in the last 4 to 5 years. Dont hold your breath that it happens anytime soon.

I love when someone talks about another mans class then says something so smart about 2 sentences later as the previous poster said.  "I let him know during the timeout how classless he was."  So you went to the bench and showed how big a man you truly are.  Great way to prove your point.  That coach you speak of is named Bobby Luna and from experience he has much class.  Also from the looks of your record your hopes and dreams of your team beating his teams very unlikely in near future.  In the future do what most mature men do in that situation.  Take your 27 point not 40 point butt whoopin get in the car and go home.  Doesnt look like your team has beat his bunch in the last 4 to 5 years.  Dont hold your breath that it happens anytime soon.

825547927[/snapback]

At no time in my post did I say anything about getting up out of my seat and approaching the Gallatin bench. If you've been to that excuse of a gym in Gallatin you'll know that the bleachers on the vistors side are about as close to the benches as I've ever seen. I didn't have to get up nor talk very loud for Coach "Classless" to hear me. Also, I never thought going into that game that we were going to win. We are a 2A school right now playing in 3A, everyone knows that. We've taken our lumps and we move on. I also never said that we got beat by 40. I just hope that Gallatin gets it handed to them by 40 and more !!!!!!!! caffeinefree, please read and understand the post before you reply....Thanks.

At no time in my post did I say anything about getting up out of my seat and approaching the Gallatin bench.  If you've been to that excuse of a gym in Gallatin you'll know that the bleachers on the vistors side are about as close to the benches as I've ever seen.  I didn't have to get up nor talk very loud for Coach "Classless" to hear me.  Also, I never thought going into that game that we were going to win.  We are a 2A school right now playing in 3A, everyone knows that.  We've taken our lumps and we move on.  I also never said that we got beat by 40.  I just hope that Gallatin gets it handed to them by 40 and more !!!!!!!!  caffeinefree, please read and understand the post before you reply....Thanks.

825548148[/snapback]

BDP, the gym at Gallatin is light years ahead of that crackerbox hole that White House plays in. Of course you can't have bleachers behind the team benches because then the visiting team couldn't get into that rat hole of a locker room you put them in. Bobby Luna is an excellent coach, strategist, person. You would be VERY lucky to have him at White House. Of course with three coaches in five years, you are lucky to have anybody. I have no idea what went on last night and frankly I don't care. I will tell you this. He is very demanding of his players and if they are not performing to the level he expects--whether starter or sub--he will take them out. As he should. We all know that you are a 2A school. To be honest, you would not be doing much better in the 2A district. MLK, Lipscomb and Greenbrier are all better teams. Springfield, Hume Fogg and Station Camp match up well with you. You had a great year in football. Build from that.

BDP, the gym at Gallatin is light years ahead of that crackerbox hole that White House plays in.  Of course you can't have bleachers behind the team benches because then the visiting team couldn't get into that rat hole of a locker room you put them in.  Bobby Luna is an excellent coach, strategist, person.  You would be VERY lucky to have him at White House.  Of course with three coaches in five years, you are lucky to have anybody.  I have no idea what went on last night and frankly I don't care.  I will tell you this.  He is very demanding of his players and if they are not performing to the level he expects--whether starter or sub--he will take them out.  As he should.  We all know that you are a 2A school.  To be honest, you would not be doing much better in the 2A district.  MLK, Lipscomb and Greenbrier are all better teams.  Springfield, Hume Fogg and Station Camp match  up well with you.  You had a great year in football.  Build from that.

825548189[/snapback]

Here again, I never said that the White House gym is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Gallatin should be light years ahead of us in that department because that gym is new. We have a very old school and the gym needs some work. The gym at Gallatin is new and poorly designed..... Now look what you've done, you've changed the topic from the coach to the gym. I never said the coach wasn't good or demanding of his players, I said he is classless, and I stick to that opinion, for putting his starters back on the floor while up by 26-28 late in the third. And when he did put is subs, "JV" in, he had them pressing. By the way, if you weren't there and don't know what happened, then don't respond !!!!!!!!

Here again, I never said that the White House gym is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Gallatin should be light years ahead of us in that department because that gym is new.  We have a very old school and the gym needs some work.  The gym at Gallatin is new and poorly designed.....  Now look what you've done, you've changed the topic from the coach to the gym.  I never said the coach wasn't good or demanding of his players, I said he is classless, and I stick to that opinion, for putting his starters back on the floor while up by 26-28 late in the third.  And when he did put is subs, "JV" in, he had them pressing.  By the way, if you weren't there and don't know what happened, then don't respond !!!!!!!!

825548296[/snapback]

I played in that same gym against Gallatin over 20 years ago so I don't see how it qualifies as "new". Also, I rebuked your point against Coach Luna several times so I don't see how I changed the topic. If I wanted to draw attention away from your tirade over Coach Luna I would have just said that your team is terrible and can only beat equally bad Smyrna in that district. You stated your opinion of Coach Luna. I doubt you will have anyone who actually knows him speak the same way. Did that BD pride cry for those other teams in football when you pounded them in the ground? Didn't think so. Sometimes it comes around in ways you don't expect it to.

totally agree---played in gallatin gym for 4 years (as a visitor) and was actually a nice place to play...........but thats beside the point. Coach Luna is one of the best coaches 9-aaa has seen. Like bigchief said... he is very demanding of his squad weather it be jv or varsity. My theory is, if you put in your jv team against white house's VARSITY team and they cant handle the press then you got major problems. The jv kids are out their to prove something, and if an older varsity team cany handle that then.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:)

totally agree---played in gallatin gym for 4 years (as a visitor) and was actually a nice place to play...........but thats beside the point.  Coach Luna is one of the best coaches 9-aaa has seen.  Like bigchief said... he is very demanding of his squad weather it be jv or varsity. My theory is, if you put in your jv team against white house's VARSITY team and they cant handle the press then you got major problems.  The jv kids are out their to prove something, and if an older varsity team cany handle that then.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:)

825548322[/snapback]

Agreed that if the varsity team from White House can't handle the pressure from a JV squad from Gallatin, then tough for White House. I don't dispute that at all. What I have a major problem with is, the kids didn't decide to press to prove something, the "classless" coach decided to do that while up by 30. That is uncalled for and if he's the best that 9AAA has, then the whole district of coaches really is in sad sad sad shape, starting with HIM !!!!

I played in that same gym against Gallatin over 20 years ago so I don't see how it qualifies as "new".  Also, I rebuked your point against Coach Luna several times so I don't see how I changed the topic.  If I wanted to draw attention away from your tirade over Coach Luna I would have just said that your team is terrible and can only beat equally bad Smyrna in that district.  You stated your opinion of Coach Luna.  I doubt you will have anyone who actually knows him speak the same way.  Did that BD pride cry for those other teams in football when you pounded them in the ground?  Didn't think so.  Sometimes it comes around in ways you don't expect it to.

825548307[/snapback]

My bad on thinking that the gym was new. I spoke outta turn on that one. I don't mind you saying what you think about White House and their basketball program. That's what a forum is all about. We are really struggling in 9AAA and with the student population we might even struggle next year in AA. As far as the football issue you brought up, I don't believe we ever had our whole starting lineup on the field while pounding anyone once the game was in control. But you are free to have your opinion, just as I'm free to have mine. And you know what my opinion is of your coach.......