Powell @ Halls

hhsbball12

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls was able to make a tremendous come back on Powell earlier in the year and win a close one at the end. If I remember correctly Coach Ogan was not to happy with his team performance. Powell will be looking for redemption plus a victory gives them a shot at the #2 spot and a free pass into the region with a victory over Clinton.

Halls is on a down slide. If I am not mistaken they have a a key player out the past couple of games. The back up is just as good but did hurt their depth. I also believe that their weak out of District schedule hurts them in tough district games. Powell may have been their only quality win up to this point in the season. Saw them against Central and they didn't look that good. They just haven't bought into the concept of defense.

Match up wise: Powell has the advantage on the inside. May can match up with Smith in size and strength but Smith is more skilled and can get him into foul trouble IF he plays strong in the post and takes him to the basket. Also even if May can neurtalize Smith who will take Ward.

Halls has the advantage on the perimeter. Hargis is a good player Sharp is just more advanced at this stage of his carreer. Conner is capable but hasn't been a consistent scorer. Halls has Borum, Canrtrell, and Seagers all who have been solid contributers from a scoreing stand point. Halls also has more quality depth.

Both teams will be ready to play. Emotions will be at a fever pitch. The team who can best play with in themselves has the best chance to win. Look for Powell to get 20 each from Ward and Smith and 30 from Hargis, Conner, and those other 2 guys that play outside. Sharp will be the focus for the Powell D and hold him to 12 and the other guys won't be able to pick up the slack.

Powell by 3.

Halls was able to make a tremendous come back on Powell earlier in the year and win a close one at the end.  If I remember correctly Coach Ogan was not to happy with his team performance.  Powell will be looking for redemption plus a victory gives them a shot at the #2 spot and a free pass into the region with a victory over Clinton.

Halls is on a down slide.  If I am not mistaken they have a a key player out the past couple of games.  The back up is just as good but did hurt their depth.  I also believe that their weak out of District schedule hurts them in tough district games.  Powell may have been their only quality win up to this point in the season.  Saw them against Central and they didn't look that good.  They just haven't bought into the concept of defense.

Match up wise:  Powell has the advantage on the inside.  May can match up with Smith in size and strength but Smith is more skilled and can get him into foul trouble IF he plays strong in the post and takes him to the basket.  Also even if May can neurtalize Smith who will take Ward.

Halls has the advantage on the perimeter.  Hargis is a good player Sharp is just more advanced at this stage of his carreer.  Conner is capable but hasn't been a consistent scorer.  Halls has Borum, Canrtrell, and Seagers all who have been solid contributers from a scoreing stand point.  Halls also has more quality depth.

Both teams will be ready to play.  Emotions will be at a fever pitch.  The team who can best play with in themselves has the best chance to win.  Look for Powell to get 20 each from Ward and Smith and 30 from Hargis, Conner, and those other 2 guys that play outside.  Sharp will be the focus for the Powell D and hold him to 12 and the other guys won't be able to pick up the slack.

Powell by 3.

825550055[/snapback]

BIGCATT2, BE FOR REAL HARGIS 30, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Game has been postponed due to school closing and as of right now they are looking at Wednesday or Next Saturday the 12th. They(coaches and principles are hoping i think to have it on saturday since more people might come and they would make more money at the gates.) I will post if I find out. Please post if you know more. And the one somebody mentioned earlier as not being healthy was May as he only got limited time against Oak Ridge and has not been at school or practice the last two days. Maybe an advantage for Halls to give him time to rest.

I would have to say that moving it to next saturday won't help halls that much since they play Karns next friday...of course, there's really not a good time to make it up this late in the schedule. I think powell will get this one no matter when it's played...Halls is in a ridiculous slump, scoring under 60 in 3 of their last 4 and the one being Gibbs :D