Elizabethton Claims Watauga Crown

coachh17

Im told ref that T'd coachh17 up x2 was Whitson, imagine that!

I admire you coach for looking out for/taking up for your player.

Kyla Jones was also injured in JV game and did not dress varsity. She got a stinger on her elbow. Unknown whether they will miss monday/tuesday games.

JV team's depth will be tested if these two can't go.

BTW it was Pink who came to the rescue after coach got ejected in the second qtr. Wilson wasnt in Erwin yet as the varsity bus hadnt arrived. So Pink and Brandon brought us on home yesterday. Brianne had a big game for JV scoring 16.

For varsity, Cameron and Rikki led with 11 each; Val had 9 and Victoria 7. Michaela and Eden had two each. Towle played but did not score. We did not substitute in the second half. Rikki got two early fouls and sat out alot of the second qtr, which was when Unicoi came from a couple baskets down to take a 3 point lead at the half. It was a defensive game. Both teams played very hard.

Sparks played really well for Unicoi on both ends. Her defense seemed to frustrate Michaela and she also scored 10 points. Weaver had 14 and played her usual outstanding game on both ends. Even though Unicoi played much better than they did in the game at EHS, it wasnt enough. Great job Cyclones!

Edited by coaches_corner

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daizee,corner,and Glee,

Having been an official, I know it is a very difficult job and it is really hard to please everyone. All I ask is they be fair and consistent. Nothing makes me madder than a ref with a bone to pick against me or my team. I don't think that was the case last night. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe they were screened and did not see the foul. I deserved one technical, but probably not two. Coach McKinney and Coach Nave did a good job in my absence and got the win. I hope the players are not seriously hurt and that we can just move forward. The officials do the best they can, and I know they make some honest mistakes. Maybe we can all do a little better.

Congrats to Betsy, but don't get carried away. AAA Greeneville only has 800 students. We are like you but we choose to play up. You are a big school in your division and have a lot more students than most of your competition. The differentials we play against are huge.

Again Congrats on the championship and your new job. Best Wishes

According to the TSSAA website, enrollment figures for the 2005-2009 classification period list Elizabethton as No. 44 in the state in Class AA. There are 112 Class AA teams, so the Cyclones are only 12 spots away from being dead center in that classification. So referring to Elizabethton as a "big school in your division" is not completely inaccurate, but personally I would say the top 10 or maybe even the top 20 are "big schools" within a given classification. To say a team near the middle is a "big school" may be a bit of a stretch.

Im told ref that T'd coachh17 up x2 was Whitson, imagine that!

I admire you coach for looking out for/taking up for your player.

Kyla Jones was also injured in JV game and did not dress varsity. She got a stinger on her elbow.  Unknown whether they will miss monday/tuesday games.

JV team's depth will be tested if these two can't go.

BTW it was Pink who came to the rescue after coach got ejected in the second qtr.  Wilson wasnt in Erwin yet as the varsity bus hadnt arrived.  So Pink and Brandon brought us on home yesterday.  Brianne had a big game for JV scoring 16.

For varsity, Cameron and Rikki led with 11 each; Val had 9 and Victoria 7.  Michaela and Eden had two each.  Towle played but did not score.  We did not substitute in the second half.  Rikki got two early fouls and sat out alot of the second qtr, which was when Unicoi came from a couple baskets down to take a 3 point lead at the half.  It was a defensive game.  Both teams played very hard.

Sparks played really well for Unicoi on both ends.  Her defense seemed to frustrate Michaela and she also scored 10 points.  Weaver had 14 and played her usual outstanding game on  both ends.  Even though Unicoi played much better than they did in the game at EHS, it wasnt enough.  Great job Cyclones!

825553272[/snapback]

It could not have been Whitson. He only refs varsity games, and he would be more understanding than that.

How many lady cyclones are supposed to be playing in other Carter County schools but are playing outside their boundries?

825554364[/snapback]

I hate to bust your bubble and give you an excuse why the Lady Cyclones have won their confrence but they all have gone to the city schools from elementary up. They do not recuit they just have talent. Next thing you will be saying is Unaka has recruited from Science Hill.

I hate to bust your bubble and give you an excuse why the Lady Cyclones have won their confrence but they all have gone to the city schools from elementary up.  They do not recuit they just have talent.  Next thing you will be saying is Unaka has recruited from Science Hill.

825554448[/snapback]

Thanks sportiemom. Every current Cyclone, seniors through freshmen, played at T.A. Dugger. Granted many of the Cyclones reside in the county, but they chose to pay city tuition at younger ages and came to the Elizabethton City schools. In the 11 years I have been associated with Elizabethton Lady Cyclone basketball every player has come on their own.