Elizabethton Claims Watauga Crown

coachh17

Heck, they already are unstoppable. The times I've seen the Lady Rangers play, they functioned like the 350 stroker engine I'm building at the shop. The talent in this area is unbelievable. We have probably one of the toughest conferences in the state in girls basketball. 3 teams have potential to make the state tournament. Good luck! thumb

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to bust your bubble and give you an excuse why the Lady Cyclones have won their confrence but they all have gone to the city schools from elementary up. They do not recuit they just have talent. Next thing you will be saying is Unaka has recruited from Science Hill.

825554448[/snapback]

[/quo

I don't think of it as recruiting. Kids have changed schools to go to where they prefer. If the change makes them comfortable, it is a good move. Comfort also brings on better grades as well as sports possibilities. Just my thinking....... I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the kid is comfy and it is what they want to do, not what their parents want for them, which is the case sometimes.

Congrats to Betsy, but don't get carried away. AAA Greeneville only has 800 students. We are like you but we choose to play up. You are a big school in your division and have a lot more students than most of your competition. The differentials we play against are huge.

Again Congrats on the championship and your new job. Best Wishes

825553759[/snapback]

A huge differential happened in Elizabethton tonight. It was a very physical contest by both squads, but Betsy held firm. Good job Cyclones. Manuel & Lyons from Greenville are awesome (especially Lyons), but Baughman & Pietrowski (?spelling) matched them tonight. thumb

Edited by GLee

Could you imagine the dream team we could make if we did recruit???  The talent we have in this area.  All I know is we would be unstoppable.

825554503[/snapback]

Musick wasn't a bad pick up for softball and you are right, the area has some excellant athletes. I hope they are getting the looks from colleges that they are working for. Good luck Mom. :lol: