Soms gut?

CoachGonyeaSHS

Soms,

Looks like you took a beating all this season for what you felt in your gut. Guess it wasn't indigestion. :huh:

Congrats to the Franklin Rebels. Region V is proud of you.

Also, congrats to Bradley Central. This thing could have went either way.

Soms, you keep it up. You have made coach-t fun to read this year.

Coach Gonyea

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks coach!!

Now my gut feels better after tonight. We'll hopefully we'll handle these Rebels well enough to get 5-6 to state next week along with Franklin's 12-13. It will be neat to see a team out of our region five (our last year in there) score as many as 200-250 points in the state tournament. Just a Gut call, again.

Congrats to FRA!!!! What was our score with them earlier this season, coach? We're just too big. :)

soms

Hey Coach G!!  I guess you're right.  I guess the bigger that thing gets the more accurate, right??  :)

Congrats!!!  To Franklin, Bradley and all the duals placers!!!!  See you guys in Chattanooga!

825553923[/snapback]

Hey, that's the result of hard work, but ask Joel Konz and John Kirn how I taught them how to walk on their hands, right coach Gellispie? What was it you said about our old age and all?

I still got the match filmed BC guys!! You must have back up... you know, "be prepared"

Bradley will be tops next year, and even next week; but not in two weeks!!! :)

We're having fun!!

soms

First of all let me congratulate Franklin for a fantastic showing and a great win over Bradley. But lets set the record strait on Soms Gut. He said early on before the Cleveland Duals that this would be No contest. Words like DOMINATION, RECORD SETTING and UNBEATABLE and Bradley was a top 4 or 5 team at best. And his gut told him this was the year Cleveland would knock off the Bears. Well as we now know Bradley beat Cleveland once close and once convincingly. They upset the Unbeatable (according to SOMs GUT) Franklin team in a very close hard fought match at Cleveland Duals. Franklin won the second match up in a Very close hard fought state dual final.

A correct prediction? Not Hardly.

Franklin had the horses and character to pin 2 of the last 3 matches to come from behind to win by 1. They did it and deserve their state title. But in two matches the totals were:

14 wins to 14 wins. 68pts for Bradley 63pts for Franklin. 2 very good teams very EVENLY matched. A toss up pure and simple with Franklin coming through when it counted.

Go back and read the early SOMS posts His gut said it was NO CONTEST. His GUT was incorrect then and now.

Again, congratulations to the State Champion Franklin Rebels. You are a good team that beat a good team in the big one. It was very dramatic to see and a moment Ill never forget. My memories will have a touch of disappointment in losing such a close one. In a different way Franklin and there fans will never forget it either. Franklin wrestlers and fans have a moment now they will always enjoy forever and well they should.

Edited by Brickhousechick

First of all let me congratulate Franklin for a fantastic showing and a great win over Bradley. But lets set the record strait on Soms Gut. He said early on before the Cleveland Duals that this would be No contest. Words like DOMINATION, RECORD SETTING and UNBEATABLE and Bradley was a top 4 or 5 team at best. And his gut told him this was the year Cleveland would knock off the Bears.  Well as we now know Bradley beat Cleveland once close and once convincingly. They upset the Unbeatable (according to SOMs) Franklin team in a very close hard fought match at Cleveland Duals. Franklin won the second match up in a Very close hard fought state dual final.

A correct prediction? Not Hardly.

Franklin had the horses and character to pin 2 of the last 3 matches to come from behind to win by 1. They did it and deserve their state title. But in two matches the totals were:

14 wins to 14 wins.    68pts for Bradley 63pts for Franklin. 2  very good teams very EVENLY matched. A toss up pure and simple with Franklin coming through when it counted.

Go back and read the early SOMS posts His gut said it was NO CONTEST. His GUT was incorrect then and now.

Again, congratulations to the State Champion Franklin Rebels. You are a good team that beat a good team in the big one. It was very dramatic to see and a moment Ill never forget. My memories will have a touch of disappointment in losing such a close one. In a different way Franklin and there fans will never forget it either. Franklin wrestlers and fans have a moment now they will always enjoy forever and well they should.

825555407[/snapback]

You're steeling his thunder!!! LOL

Sorry, I guess I was just thinking he said Franklin was going to win. I honestly thought he said it would be a close one but Franklin would pull it out. If it's any consolation, my prediction was this:

1. Bradley

2. Franklin

3. Soddy

4. Clarksville.

I honestly thought Bradley would pull this out due to sheer tradition, fighting and they have been there so often.

It was a great state duals from what I heard. No one should feel bad about how they did this year. You are right, could have gone either way.

Congrats to all four teams.

Gonyea

Interesting analysis Brickhousechick, but I am afraid it is somewhat biased. You state that the Franklin-Bradley match was between "2 very good teams very EVENLY matched. A toss up pure and simple with Franklin coming through when it counted".

You further state that "Franklin had the horses and character to pin 2 of the last 3 matches to come from behind to win by 1". However, you failed to point out that Franklin won the match by 1 point AFTER giving away 6 points by forfeiting 103!

All that aside, you demonstrated great class by congratulating the Rebels and, obviously, you appreciated the high level of competition and tremendous determination by both teams just like all true wrestling enthusiasts.

Sorry, I guess I was just thinking he said Franklin was going to win.  I honestly thought he said it would be a close one but Franklin would pull it out.  If it's any consolation, my prediction was this:

1. Bradley

2. Franklin

3. Soddy

4. Clarksville.

I honestly thought Bradley would pull this out due to sheer tradition, fighting and they have been there so often. 

It was a great state duals from what I heard.  No one should feel bad about how they did this year.  You are right, could have gone either way.

Congrats to all four teams.

He did say it would be close in the LATEST of his many adjustable and adaptable "Gut" feelings. Not at all consistent with his early season ranting.

Thank you coach for your sentiments. Some times you get so used to first that second is looked at as disappointing. It was still a great accompishment by both teams which ever way it went. And regardless fo all early predictions of the fall of the bears with 9 seniors and 5 state champs departing, 7 sophmores 2 juniors and a freshman stepped in and came within an eyelash of repeating. The tradition continues. I wonder what will be said starting out in 06 with this returning cast?

Again thanks and your right all four teams have a lot to be proud of, Especially franklin for building a state championship team.

Gonyea

825555432[/snapback]