Class Act

Jackson

If Coach Weldon, Karns, would have taken a DQ for the slam call against Science Hill at heavy weight the final score would have been 38-35 Karns and they would have advanced to the next round , instead he choose to continue to wrestling. Great job of doing the right thing and I for one am very proud of him!

Edited by Jackson

If Coach Weldon, Karns, would have taken a DQ for the slam call against Science Hill at heavy weight the final score would have been 38-35 Karns and  they would have advanced to the next round , instead he choose to continue to wrestling.  Great job of doing the right thing and I for one am very proud of him!

825554586[/snapback]

I understand totally, and your right, Coach Weldon is a class Act! But Ive seen alot of slams this year, something has to be done before someone get's hurt. I don't know what happend in this case, but the one's I've seen, they were not taken down with control. I belive thats what the rule says? I don't think a team should take advantage of that, but I would hate to see a wrestler loose because he was not @100% after the slam! thumb

If Coach Weldon, Karns, would have taken a DQ for the slam call against Science Hill at heavy weight the final score would have been 38-35 Karns and  they would have advanced to the next round , instead he choose to continue to wrestling.  Great job of doing the right thing and I for one am very proud of him!

825554586[/snapback]

I was in the stands watching Collierville on the far mat and just happen to be looking at the Science Hill/Karns heavy weight match and saw the slam. Looked to me like the Karns kid hit his forehead first. It took a lot of guts for the Karns kid to continue. It would have been easy to take the six points and go to the bench. That Science Hill kid is a beast and was clearly overpowering the Karns kid. Anyway, congratulations Karns and hope to see you next year thumb

Congrats Coach Weldon! if a wrestler is hurt, stay down, if not take your point and get up. A pretty decent coach from my time (ancient) use to tell them to stay down and that is basically what he is remembered for.

825554637[/snapback]

I remember two coaches, one from East Tennessee and one from Middle Tennessee.

Edited by Jackson

825554586[/snapback]

Coach Weldon really is a class act and he's done good things with Karns.

Look where they are in just two years !!!

I'm not quite sure how Farragut let him get away, but their loss has sure been Karns gain ! In particular, the example for the boys on the team and the stability he can provide.

Coach Weldon really is a class act and he's done good things with Karns.

Look where they are in just two years !!!

I'm not quite sure how Farragut let him get away, but their loss has sure been Karns gain ! In particular, the example for the boys on the team and the stability he can provide.

825555097[/snapback]

We didn't let him get away are Admin did. He was not offered a full time position at Farragut and was at Karns. I think coach Weldon will tell you he had the opportunity to cut his teeth in the coaching ranks at Farragut. He is a good guy and a class act. I thought they would have a chance against SHS and I see I was right. I talked to others this week who didn't think they would have a chance. I should have bet a coke on it.

The Karns parents deserve some of the credit having some good kids waiting in the program. With young Harless at 103 and growing into a State Champ contender they will have the opportunity to compete for the Region Championship for the next 3 years. We hope to take it back. Great job coach W.

Nice Beard! Caveman!