South Doyle Overrated

Somedude

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Doyle is the most overrated team in their region.  Maryville totally manhandled them tonight, even with the refs against us.  It's alright though, we dont need em'.  I'm so glad Maryville proved to SD that they are no where as good as Maryville in basketball, now maybe this will put an end to all the South Doyle glorification.

825557730[/snapback]

The refs against you!?!?!?!? Are u jokin me? I would have to say that the reff with the overly shined shoes was the most one-sided reff that I have ever witnessed in my life. He was doing so bad and we (south doyle student section) were gettin so upset that he had to move to the other side of the court away from us. I think it was midway through the 3rd when our starting point guard fouled out because of a crap call from that one reff. He didnt even touch him. Now granted we played horrible on offense, nuthin would drop, but the game would of been much closer if it was a fairly called game.

He was doing so bad and we (south doyle student section) were gettin so upset that he had to move to the other side of the court away from us.

825559001[/snapback]

You always give yourself and your student section so much credit for influencing games. If you think you can cause a ref to change positions on the court because of your noise you are more naive and immature than I thought. If you want to have an impact on the game lace 'em up, learn how to play the game, and make the team.

You always give yourself and your student section so much credit for influencing games. If you think you can cause a ref to change positions on the court because of your noise you are more naive and immature than I thought. If you want to have an impact on the game lace 'em up, learn how to play the game, and make the team.

825559027[/snapback]

lol wow that doosh just told you. Anyone who says the refs were for us are full of it. Not sure us havin some good calls wouldve mattered but if we had had some fouls called earlier on maryville then maybe we wouldnt have given up. And our student section is tight so dont even say its not... you only wish yall were as loud and as creative... im still lovin the no face and 5 head chants not to mention gary coleman! i did however like how you didnt hound lockhart cuz that was shady last time

There were bad calls both ways. . . and it's from that one ref. If you went to the game, you know who I am talking about. That same crew reffed the game at South Doyle when Maryville played there, and he made some awful calls (both ways) there too. I do think South Doyle is overrated. But Logan Johnson is the real deal with a complete game. . . and I am a Maryville fan. Post player that can handle the ball and hit the three. You have to give him props for that alley-oop dunk, it was awesome! Problem with South Doyle is that all they have is Logan Johnson. Orlando Lightfoot was not a factor, and that Peter Brady-looking kid didn't give them any help from the 3 pt arc. Would have been a closer game if South Doyle hit some of those wide open looks they got last night.

The refs against you!?!?!?!? Are u jokin me? I would have to say that the reff with the overly shined shoes was the most one-sided reff that I have ever witnessed in my life. He was doing so bad and we (south doyle student section) were gettin so upset that he had to move to the other side of the court away from us. I think it was midway through the 3rd when our starting point guard fouled out because of a crap call from that one reff. He didnt even touch him. Now granted we played horrible on offense, nuthin would drop, but the game would of been much closer if it was a fairly called game.

825559001[/snapback]

haha a ref doesn't move to the other side b/c of a student section that is retarded, as the game shifts so do all the refs, you will see them on all sides of the court before the game is over...the refs have certain places they are supposed to be

There were bad calls both ways. . . and it's from that one ref.  If you went to the game, you know who I am talking about.  That same crew reffed the game at South Doyle when Maryville played there, and he made some awful calls (both ways) there too.  I do think South Doyle is overrated.  But Logan Johnson is the real deal with a complete game. . . and I am a Maryville fan.  Post player that can handle the ball and hit the three.  You have to give him props for that alley-oop dunk, it was awesome!  Problem with South Doyle is that all they have is Logan Johnson.  Orlando Lightfoot was not a factor, and that Peter Brady-looking kid didn't give them any help from the 3 pt arc.  Would have been a closer game if South Doyle hit some of those wide open looks they got last night.

825559534[/snapback]

see thats what u dont understand though and any body thats seen us play before the first maryville game will tell you that we have alot of other weapons. Lockart never plays enough to make a difference dispite his efforts in previous games that probly wouldnt have been won without him... and ryan hood and andy mapes can both shoot the three but the whole team seems like there not clickin lately. Say what u want and maybe we'll never know for sure becuase we may not start playin good but we are capable of beating maryville and alot of other teams. We are region worthy if not more... and we'll get outa our little funk were in and start playin good i hope.

Edited by 77kcoRaeB77

see thats what u dont understand though and any body thats seen us play before the first maryville game will tell you that we have alot of other weapons.  Lockart never plays enough to make a difference dispite his efforts in previous games that probly wouldnt have been won without him... and ryan hood and andy mapes can both shoot the three but the whole team seems like there not clickin lately.  Say what u want and maybe we'll never know for sure becuase we may not start playin good but we are capable of beating maryville and alot of other teams.  We are region worthy if not more... and we'll get outa our little funk were in and start playin good i hope.

825559630[/snapback]

I understand. Just talking about the here and now. . . last night Johnson was the only offensive threat for South doyle. Maybe you'll click by tournament time (that's the best time!) Maryville doesn't have alot of scoring power either, they just play well together. They are very beatable by a team that's clicking offensively. Districts and Regionals should have some close games.

Edited by jlay68

I understand.  Just talking about the here and now. . . last night Johnson was the only offensive threat for South doyle.  Maybe you'll click by tournament time (that's the best time!)  Maryville doesn't have alot of scoring power either, they just play well together.  They are very beatable by a team that clicking offensively.  Districts and Regionals should have some close games.

825559661[/snapback]

well we were gettin beat by bearden like 19 pts goin into the fourth and chad zurcher played awesome and we came back and won... and we were losin to karns by like 20 in the fourth and we came back to win by a last minute three by mapes. not to mention all the close calls we had with farragut both times...but we have given some games away like against halls.. i think we were winnin at the half by like 17 and then 20 somethin at one point and they came back to beat us. so we'll see hopefully we can make it right

825559027[/snapback]

Hey mr tipton you ugly lerch... how bout u lace up your sneakers and hit the court more often you D2 piece of trash... good job stayin stuck in your highschool dreams.

South Doyle is so overrated...Maryville of course took them down, and Heritage should have won both times but the first time the refs killed us at South Doyle and almost caused one of their players to be seriously hurt (Snoderly #23 at hhs) they had to take him out on a stretcher, and the next time they played Heritage the coach wasnt there so Heritage was pretty much coaching themselves which caused them to get beat by 2 in overtime.