Oakland v. Siegel

Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Oakland[/url]' date='Feb 14 2005 - 10:38 AM']playing in a district such as oakland's where balance is the norm can sure rattle ya, but ive been so impressed with the way chiasson has handled himself for most of the season, to lead a veteran team(3 senior starters) to almost a district championship is certainly impressive.

2nd time this season siegel has been able to been us by switching defenses, hopefully the 3rd time will be a charm if oakland is so lucky to do so. thanks for the good luck tommorrow night, we are going to need it. im excited that oakland is getting to play such a good team right before the postseason, whether oakland wins or loses, it will only make us better

825565600[/snapback]

......yes they did switch defenses when i saw them the second time...how often did they do it the first time yall played?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Harris went John Cheney on Oakland in the fourth quarter. He went from playing man to man and a base 2-3 to playing a matchup 2-3 chasing and replacing the cutter. I think I even saw a 3-2 on a couple of possessions. Good coaching move by Harris.......where did he come from anyways?? I don't know much about him, but he seems like a solid basketball mind.

Edited by McNine4MVP

Not sure...might have come from Rock Springs Middle school???? either there or an assistant at Riverdale. After the loss to Warren County he locked them out of their locker room took away all practice jerseys and was even thinking of making them play in the practice jerseys. Told them they get their locker room back when they want to try, even made them dress in the football locker room for the oakland game....guess it worked...that was probably just as good of move as any.

Yeah, Harris went John Cheney on Oakland in the fourth quarter. He went from playing man to man and a base 2-3 to playing a matchup 2-3 chasing and replacing the cutter. I think I even saw a 3-2 on a couple of possessions. Good coaching move by Harris.......where did he come from anyways?? I don't know much about him, but he seems like a solid basketball mind.

825565716[/snapback]

He went from Smyrna(?) to RHS to Holloway to Siegel...i think, i know the last three are right