South Fulton's Jeremy Wilson nets 36!

gomab2

One player that is often overlooked throughout the state when talking about the best players in Class A, or the best Senior PG's accross the state, is South Fulton PG Jeremy Wilson...

Wilson, a 5'11 PG, the cousin of former South Fulton star Trey Pearson, is having an outstanding senior campaign, leading all PG's accross the state in scoring at 22.4 ppg. Wilson hit for 36 last night in a 73-63 win over Bradford...

Wilson is a lightning-quick PG with very good vision as well as being a scoring PG. In fact, Wilson dropped 12 assists in an AAU game this summer, setting a club record... D-II, NAIA, and top Junior College programs are all over this kid already, though he is wide open to new recruitment...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely... In Region 8A, I'd take Wilson as my point guard any day over the others. He's outshined his competition in the games I've seen him play.

825559325[/snapback]

Tony Tyler is the best point guard in Region 8-A hands down. No disrespect to Wilson. I seen Wilson play twice against Tyler and he did not outshine Tyler by no means.

TRUE OR FALSE?

When LC and SF played Tony Tyler had under 10 pts and was a non-factor other than passing the ball. Wilson has a smooth mid-range game and don't let him get his touch from the outside or he will torch some three's. He played very well last night against OCC and had some where in the 20's maybe even low 30 don't know box scores so I could be wrong HE SCORED when he had to put it like that Tony Tyler is no where as good as Wilson.

Tony Tyler is the best point guard in Region 8-A hands down. No disrespect to Wilson. I seen Wilson play twice against Tyler and he did not outshine Tyler by no means.

825561289[/snapback]

Wilson gets his every game; you can always count on him to show up. Tony Tyler is very inconsistent. There are some games when he doesn't play much at all. I do realize that LC is a lot deeper than SF, but if he's the greatest PG in the region, he'd be out there for 32 minutes. No disrespect intended for Tyler or Whitby, but as jvaughan says, "I'm just taking up for mine." :D

I've watched him play and no he isnt the best point guard in region 8 or even district 16.  Jeremy Smith from Greenfield is a better point guard than Wilson.

825562281[/snapback]

how can smith be called a point guard when shane has the ball 95% of the time...i thought a point guard brought the ball up and got u into your offense..get people involved..not stand back and watch someone else work

now if the switchback took place, i believe that would make gfield an offense to be reckoned with..who could guard an athlete like shane in the post when they have to focus on smith's penetration.....a few minor adjustments and gfield could be a dangerous tourney team

I've been hearing all season from jvaughn that they were going to make that change back but it hasnt happened.  Greenfield was the team to beat in 2005 before all the tinkering.

Now whats funny is, its tournament time.

Greenfield got beat by 30 points last night and have lost 6 or 7 in a row.

825562324[/snapback]

You keep leaving off the when it is time to win part when ever you make that statement. And next Thursday starts tournaments for us not yesterday. Coach T is not an idiot. I know that statement comes as a shock to you but of course I am talking to a person who you rather win every single meaningless regular season game instead of the games that mean something. So when until they do lose a game that means something because of him not playing inside, then tell me.

And we didn't play that bad last night, at least for the first half. The third quarter is what did us in but being ahead after the 1st and only down 9 at the half to a team that is going to contend for a spot at state makes me me feel pretty good. And we haven't lost 6 or 7 in row. We haven't lost that many in a row in 10 years almost. Making statements like show your intelligence of Greenfield basketball.