District 7AA MVP?

tripleplay99

Good point wildcat 66!  Cates is so valuable to LA's success and if you take him off the team, they do not win district.  But, I think it is all on how you define MVP.  If it is defined as the most valuable to his team, I think it would be a no brainer.  Gilliam has to repeat!  You take him off UHS and they have NOTHING.  Cates is valuable, but I don't think as valuable as Gilliam.  I think character, attitude, and sportsmanship are in the equation as well, so that rules out Ledbetter in my opinion.  How does this look?

MVP - Gilliam

First Team

Cates

West

Randolph

Reeder

Ledbetter

In response to 8aa4Life's comment about Gilliam's 10 points not being an MVP performance, yeah, I think it is safe to say that every player has off night(S).  On the other hand, I have seen him score 34 of teams 52 points.

825566798[/snapback]

What does Yai have without ledbetter???nothing...but i think either cates or west deserves it...

someone said first team it would be a toss up between cates or asberry...was they being serious???i hope not...he couldnt tie Cates shoes...

but Mvp is a toss up this year...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what happened?...who got it?

825574773[/snapback]

MVP - Gilliam UHS

1st

Cody Randolph DCHS

Derek Ledbetter YAI

Wilson Cates LA

Brad West LA

Alan Asberry UHS

2nd

Justin Hooper DCHS

Matt Reeder LA

Brian Colson LA

Dustin Burgess UHS

Tyler Reed CCHS

3rd

Alex Woodward DCHS

Jacob Melton DCHS

Thomas Crummer SCHS

Brandon Maberry SCHS

Chip Piper SCHS

Lance McAlister CCHS

Freshman of the Year:

Travis Woodward DCHS

All Defensive Team:

Wison Cates LA MVP

Alex Woodward DCHS

Jacob Melton DCHS

Justin Hooper DCHS

Brad West LA

Brian Colson LA

Dustin Burgess UHS

Coach of the Year:

Danny McCoin LA

If i did my counting correct this is the rundown:

1. LA-4

2. UHS-3

3. DCHS-4

4. YAI-1

5. JCHS-0

6. SCHS-3

7.CCHS-2

The middle teams got no respect, and how in the world did Jackson County not get at least one on at least the 3rd team. Blake Allen should have been on one of the teams, but all we got was 3 honerable mentions on the whole darn thing. :unsure:

7AA is full of weirdness. Brad West isn't MVP. Not to mention the 4th and 5th place teams only combine for 1 player on the all district team, yet the 6th and 7th place teams get 5 players. How weird. Oh well, I don't know much about the lesser known players in 7AA anyhow, so I guess I don't know what I'm complaining about....it just all seems strange. :P