8-AAA District Tournament

lakewoodswamprat

Dont yall believe that coffee could pull the 7-2 upset off? Both games went into overtime between these two teams! But its gonna be exciting to watch these two teams play again... Good luck raiders!!

825562921[/snapback]

I do believe the Red Raiders can win the 1st game of the district tournament. Coffee Co is as good as Franklin Co. Both games did go into ot. The technicals on the Red Raiders were costly. Look for the Red Raiders to play their best game of the yr. Good luck!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Lawrence County's Jase Duke deserves all-district honors as well.

825567365[/snapback]

Zac Walker definitely deserves MVP honors. Leader of his team and makes sure everyone plays. Even though sometimes he is a little too generous, he makes sure he involves everyone in this team sport and his teammates respect him and will follow his leadership. He handles the ball, runs the floor, shoots, assists with awesome passing , and rebounds. He has been a true all around player for 4 years and deserves that title.

Last year there were 10 players so I will go that route again and here would be my team:

Zac Walker

Justen Bullock

Alston Enyard

Coty String

Phillip Mook

Barry Stewart

Tommy Jones

Ben Lowery

Matthew Towry

Micah Williams

Player of the Year: Dequan Twilley

Coach of the Year: Columbia's coach I believe his name is Chris Graves, someone correct me if that is wrong.

825567282[/snapback]

i can see these players making all-district, but the mvp i feel, should be justin bullock or zac walker from columbia. no doubt twilley is an excellent player and very valuable to his team. but shelbyville was most everyones pre-season pick and they finished 3rd while columbia was a 2nd or 3rd place pick and finished first...undefeated at 12-0.

i can see these players making all-district, but the mvp i feel, should be justin bullock or zac walker from columbia. no doubt twilley is an excellent player and very valuable to his team. but shelbyville was most everyones pre-season pick and they finished 3rd while columbia was a 2nd or 3rd place pick and finished first...undefeated at 12-0.

825567789[/snapback]

I agree with Coach. Zac or Justin should be MVP. My thinking is a Columbia player should be MVP. If not a Columbia player, then Micah Williams. He is by far the best player in District 8.

We'll know by lunch who made all district. IN less than a week a district will be 4 teams instead of 7. Of the three that don't make it, they are not going to be very bad teams. In fact all 7 teams this year have been very balance and any one could have won on any given night. I know Coach Graves should win Coach of the Year, but I think Carlos Smith from Franklin County has done a wonderful job with his team and over achieved. What do you think?

If it was Most Valuable Player, then I could see giving it to Zac Walker. Because he is the most valuable player on the number one team in the district for all the reasons that have been stated. I think his biggest asset to the team is he keeps the team under control. However, being it is the player of the year I say Twilley because in my opinion he is the best player in the district right with Williams of Coffee County, but you can't give it to someone on the last place team. However, none of this matters. It depends on which coach can pull enough votes for his player. But I would say it is a three-horse race between Twilley, Walker and Williams and one of them will win.

If it was Most Valuable Player, then I could see giving it to Zac Walker. Because he is the most valuable player on the number one team in the district for all the reasons that have been stated. I think his biggest asset to the team is he keeps the team under control. However, being it is the player of the year I say Twilley because in my opinion he is the best player in the district right with Williams of Coffee County, but you can't give it to someone on the last place team. However, none of this matters. It depends on which coach can pull enough votes for his player. But I would say it is a three-horse race between Twilley, Walker and Williams and one of them will win.

825569105[/snapback]

I'd like to see williams get it but twilley prolly will

I think it goes like this:

Columbia: Marable, Walker, Bullock, Enyard and String

Shelbyville: Stewart & Twilley

Franklin Co.: Mook

Lincoln Co.: Towary

Tullahoma: Jones

Coffee Co.: Williams

MVP: Twilley

Lawrence Co had nobody

I'm trying to figure out how Columbia had 5 make it. Barnes from Tullahoma didn't make it nor Lowary from Lawrence co.