District 9 AAA

timbdp

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so quick to count Gallatin out of anything. They have solid pitching and really hard working coaches at this time. Look for LaVergne to be better than last year as well. Going in it looks like MJ will be the team to beat, but in case you are new to this district you better learn to never count out any one of Coach Hendrix's teams at Hendersonville. I don't see them being a powerhouse, but I did see them play this summer and fall and they will be good as they usually are. Probably the best defensive team I saw this fall, which is unusal for H'ville. All that being said, our boys at MJ are still the team to beat though.

1. MJ

2. H'ville

3. Beech

4.Gallatin

5.Smyrna

6.Wilson Central

7. LaVergne

8. White House

baseballwizard - you are correct regarding the chemistry in Beech's teams in the past - many years it's been nonexistent. This key ingredient is what will bring Beech up from the ashes. As usual, this district is very tough. Beech seemed to fall apart when it came to districts - almost to the point the players hated each other. I think the senior and junior classes mesh together well. There's a more positive spin in the air this year in Shackle Island. If they can keep it together and injury-free, you'll see them being tough all through the districts. :D

hville has 1 pitcher, some young talent, and some leadership problems, at least that's the word from HHS insiders.

825569564[/snapback]

What HHS insiders? The players, coaches, what? HHS has always had leadership problems off the field, but when they get on the field, it's just win. Think back two years ago when they went deep in Memphis. Ask your insiders what those kids were like off the field. They happened to be pretty dominant on the field. Thats the kind of leadership HHS has always had and once they get a core of great leaders (ex. more people like McClurg) maybe they can win a championship and win the social respect. B is awesome! That's all anyone needs to know.

k3, I agree with everything you said. I think Mt. Juliet should be tough, Beech has the talent but still some concerns, and Hendersonville has got Hendrix. If I remember correctly, Wilson Central had some decent returning players and I never forget Gallatin.

(One note, I got to see some games @state YEARS ago and remember how impressed I was w/Hendersonville defense. Probably was before your time, though; I'm pretty old.) Good to see the old stuff coming back....

Don't be so quick to count Gallatin out of anything.  They have solid pitching and really hard working coaches at this time.  Look for LaVergne to be better than last year as well.  Going in it looks like MJ will be the team to beat, but in case you are new to this district you better learn to never count out any one of Coach Hendrix's teams at Hendersonville.  I don't see them being a powerhouse, but I did see them play this summer and fall and they will be good as they usually are.  Probably the best defensive team I saw this fall, which is unusal for H'ville.  All that being said, our boys at MJ are still the team to beat though.

1. MJ

2. H'ville

3. Beech

4.Gallatin

5.Smyrna

6.Wilson Central

7. LaVergne

8. White House

825570679[/snapback]

Well while a lot of teams in our district have talent, some young, some old; I believe the district will shape up this way...

1-3 Battle between MJ Smyrna and HHS all three will have tough returning talent as well as some new talent on the field...Smyrna will have a vetern pitching staff which will be the cornerstone of their gameplan, while MJ and HHS have some good returning defensive threats and some great players offensively. This will definately be a great season to watch...

4-6 Beech WC and WH all have talent, I don't know as much about these teams other than WC had a great run last year and came up short and Beech's coach is suppose to be strong with some young talent...I guess we'll have to wait and see how everything falls out...

7-8 Toss up between Gallatin and Lavergne...

I think we have a lot of talent in our district and I wish all the teams the best of luck in the upcoming season...It's FINALLY baseball time!

-The Moose thumb

Ya' gotta love the preseason hype...

Where is the district tournament this year?

Thanks for the info bbman106.  Who's returning for Smyrna, Smyrnafan?

825578504[/snapback]

Returning 8 seniors, 7 from last year and 1 that had to sit for transferring. as well as 2 Juniors that were every day players. Also returnign the shortstop and one of the outfielders.

Edited by SHSBaseball905