Weekly Carter County -- Top 5

osubrutus

1. Unaka (25-1) Won Watauga Valley Conf; Beat Twin Springs, VA; Beat

Cloudland; Beat Johnson County

2. Elizabethton (22-5) Beat Greeneville (Huge Win); Beat Volunteer; Beat Johnson

County; Still can't get myself to tie them with a 25-1 team

with its lone loss to a team in one of the toughest region's in

the state

3. Cloudland (18-8) Lost to Unaka; avenged a loss to Cosby

4. Happy Valley (8-17) Lost to Unicoi County; Lost to Sullivan Central

5. Hampton (8-20) Lost to Volunteer; Lost to Sullivan North

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Unaka can't beat Greenville then give some reasons to back your opinion. Your ex-lady Cyclones are very good, but they would be overcome by the deep bench of the Rangers who play ten girls as talented as your starting five. To say that Unaka could not beat Greenville is saying that the Cyclones are just better than Unaka, and that is just not true, my friend. :P

If Unaka can't beat Greenville then give some reasons to back your opinion.  Your ex-lady Cyclones are very good, but they would be overcome by the deep bench of the Rangers who play ten girls as talented as your starting five.  To say that Unaka could not beat Greenville is saying that the Cyclones are just better than Unaka, and that is just not true, my friend. ;)

825565407[/snapback]

AMEN ~ And that is why they are scared to play them.

I'll say it again, You can't be #1 if you turn down a challenge.

Edited by sportiemom

O brut one, still think you are letting you heart (guess that's ok since it's valentine's day) get in front of your head. Records can be deceiving. Can't compare them because they are not with the same opponents. Just because one team only has one loss does not make them better than another team unless they play the same schedule. Granted Unaka is a very talented, deep and good team. But can't see how you can rank them above Elizabethton. Don't think you could rank Elizabethton above Unaka. But both deserve a #1 ranking. And sportiemother, just because a team has "challenged" someone doesn't make them better either. Can remember a few years back when the Lady Rangers were not that good. They didn't make that "challenge" then. I truly believe it would be in the best interest of all the county schools to try and play each other every year. But they have been times when the smaller schools couldn't compete with the larger ones. Then the talk was it wasn't fair for a smaller school to be playing a larger one. Give both the teams the credit they deserve. They have worked hard for it.

I knew I could stir up some good posts. And I guess I am making up for the various times this and last year for the Unaka slightings on your part, 17.

However, I have seen both play and I would be amazed if EHS could play a full 24 minutes of pressure basketball. Val could and the rest would be out of gas.

Again, my opinion.

Edited by osubrutus