Clay County hosts Van Buren (Fri 18th)

TopDawg83

This was a very fun game to watch!!

Clay Co. - 63

Van Buren Co. - 53

I was impressed with Rigsby....But still not as big of threat or calibur of player as Bailey is.  Clay was able to play zone most of the night.

Not enough athletes to match Clay player for player!!!

Rigsby 22    Walden 18 (difference in game was they had no answer for Godwin) 14 pts

To the Eagle faithful that made the trip....It is a jump-stop not a walk....Godwin would leave his feet and plant with both feet then jump from that position to a shot (he may have one of the most devastating moves in the region)

Van Buren will have to hope Pickett or Clay gets upset in the region because they cannot beat either one of those teams at this time!!!  :unsure:

825573690[/snapback]

I agree it was a good game. The difference was rebounding in the first half, and foul shooting in the second. Clay County out rebounded the Eagles in the first half, and Van Buren missed enough free throws in the second half to win it. Clay County also got just about all the hustle plays. I agree that Godwin has a great move with the jump stop. A couple of times though, he used the jump stop and then took a step and that is a walk. But that didn't make a difference either way. Clay shot the ball extremely well the whole game especially #23. Van Buren lost him on several occasions and he made them pay. Pretty evenly matched game by two equal teams. About a 4 to 6 point game most of the way till Clay hit their free throws at the end. Van Buren was without one of their starters as Hudson sat out to rest a twisted ankle. But you gotta win with who you put on the floor. I hope we get the chance to play again with all our players, then we'll see if Van Buren isn't good enough to win. Congrats to Clay County on the win, and congrats to the Eagles on playing hard. Gotta toughen up cause the refs swallow those whistles in the tournaments. thumb

GO EAGLES!!!

Edited by eaglebro

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a very fun game to watch!!

Clay Co. - 63

Van Buren Co. - 53

I was impressed with Rigsby....But still not as big of threat or calibur of player as Bailey is.  Clay was able to play zone most of the night.

Not enough athletes to match Clay player for player!!!

Rigsby 22    Walden 18 (difference in game was they had no answer for Godwin) 14 pts

To the Eagle faithful that made the trip....It is a jump-stop not a walk....Godwin would leave his feet and plant with both feet then jump from that position to a shot (he may have one of the most devastating moves in the region)

Van Buren will have to hope Pickett or Clay gets upset in the region because they cannot beat either one of those teams at this time!!!  B)

825573690[/snapback]

how can anyone say there wasn't an answer for godwin. he only had 14 points and from what i have seen of him he isn't that much of a devastating player. he doesn't have enough impact to turn games around or anything like that. he's simply a pretty good role player and that's where it stops. end of story he's not a star and never will be on that team. no matter how hard devil tries to make him sound like one!

how can anyone say there wasn't an answer for godwin. he only had 14 points and from what i have seen of him he isn't that much of a devastating player. he doesn't have enough impact to turn games around or anything like that. he's simply a pretty good role player and that's where it stops. end of story he's not a star and never will be on that team. no matter how hard devil tries to make him sound like one!

825577345[/snapback]

1st team all district speaks for itself, and as we all know thats voted on by the coaches, obviously there are those outside of Hermitage Springs that think differently than you do, but this is America and we can all express our opinions. good luck on tuesday! thumb

1st team all district speaks for itself, and as we all know thats voted on by the coaches, obviously there are those outside of Hermitage Springs that think differently than you do, but this is America and we can all express our opinions.  good luck on tuesday! thumb

825577452[/snapback]

exactly, voted on by the coaches. so if your parent (s) have a good relationship with the coach(es) then you get a vote. it's all political in most cases so make good friends and you will go far. do you really think he's better than dustin rich?

Edited by hsbasketballnut

exactly, voted on by the coaches. so if your parent (s) have a good relationship with the coach(es) then you get a vote.  it's all political in most cases so make good friends and you will go far. do you really think he's better than dustin rich?

825577533[/snapback]

thats what is wrong with sports now! to much politics and the ME attitude instead of US! only one award should matter and that would be the Gold 1

thats what is wrong with sports now! to much politics and the ME attitude instead of US! only one award should matter and that would be the Gold 1

825577568[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more! I'm not one for trophies myself, matter of fact i don't even like it when i coach and they have an all tournament team because i feel that its a team sport and it took the whole team to win not just one or two individuals. As for the politics, i see it at every place i go and definately do not like it. I say if the kids earn it they should get it and i have always been like that, it shouldn't matter what your last name is or isn't. As for who's better? Its a team sport, Clay Co. can't win without Mr. Rich, i have decided not to discuss my son from now on as i think people on here use that against him when i say anything, alot of things are taken out of context. So thats all i will say about that. Hey hsbasketballnut, tell your sister i said hello and i'll see her at the game tonight! thumb

In the first part of the season #33 seemed to be feeling his teammates out and just try and get an idea of what each one could do. I have to admit, I wasn't sure how big of an impact he was going to make for this team.......BUT the second half of the season he has really upped his intensity and after the first 5 or 6 times I've seen him go completely horizontal for a loose ball, I had know doubt how much he brings to the game.......EVERYTHING HE HAS!!!!

NUT....if you can get double digits out of your point guard and plus have him deliver the ball to those that need it (Walden on the outside) & (Rich and Strong on the inside) then you most certainly have an "IMPACT PLAYER"!

As far as comparing Godwin to Rich....that's like comparing apples to oranges...can't be done so I won't even comment. :D

I know FANATIC won't talk about his son on here...and can't say that I blame him......But byjingos the rest of us who aren't related to him will!!!!! thumb

Couldn't agree more!  I'm not one for trophies myself, matter of fact i don't even like it when i coach and they have an all tournament team because i feel that its a team sport and it took the whole team to win not just one or two individuals.  As for the politics, i see it at every place i go and definately do not like it.  I say if the kids earn it they should get it and i have always been like that, it shouldn't matter what your last name is or isn't.  As for who's better?  Its a team sport,  Clay Co. can't win without Mr. Rich, i have decided not to discuss my son from now on as i think people on here use that against him when i say anything, alot of things are taken out of context.  So thats all i will say about that.  Hey hsbasketballnut, tell your sister i said hello and i'll see her at the game tonight!  thumb

825578767[/snapback]

will do, Very professional comment, maybe you should be a politician. but i agree that if more parents would let their kids level of play determine playing time and less would try to earn it through the good graces of the coach then teams would be better. and it does happen everywhere. as for dawg. we have a point guard who will deliver double digits but i wouldnt' count on delivering the ball. godwin probly has more assist a game than our whole team. but that's our problem! for the comparison i'll leave you with a quote i heard from a college coach on tv. you can teach basketball, you can't teach size!!!