Minwell will beat Knox 171lb at State Finals?

rigger101

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also go with Minwell to be 171 state champion in 2005.

825566993[/snapback]

I hear all you guys - but, the only way that will happen is if he doesn't wrestle Knox's match.

If he tries to go takedowns, he'll play right into his opponent's strategy. Then he'll duck you, trip you, blast double you, head snap to a high crotch you or John Smith single you to death.

It's got to play out like last year - no mistakes on your feet, win it on the mat and take it to three periods to wear Knox out.

It could happen, but it will take a perfectly strategized and executed match. I'm not a betting man, but I'd say the odds are still in Knox's favor.

I hear all you guys - but, the only way that will happen is if he doesn't wrestle Knox's match.

If he tries to go takedowns, he'll play right into his opponent's strategy. Then he'll duck you, trip you, blast double you, head snap to a high crotch you or John Smith single you to death.

It's got to play out like last year - no mistakes on your feet, win it on the mat and take it to three periods to wear Knox out.

It could happen, but it will take a perfectly strategized and executed match. I'm not a betting man, but I'd say the odds are still in Knox's favor.

825567191[/snapback]

Wow, you thought that thru! thumb

KKW come find me after the finals.  I will be glad to buy you a drink at the Round house if your prediction comes true.  You can ask any of the Farragut folks and they will point you my way.  I will do the same for you when Knox stays undefeated.

825567245[/snapback]

I don't think they sell the kind of drink that Masters would be wanting if he called that one. Besides, most teams will be on the way home after the finals. Good luck to both of them. With all the hype it should be a great match to watch.

Edited by CoachDelgado

I am not going to get into who will beat who. That will be decided this weekend.

As for Knox. I have seen him wrestle several times this year. Each time he took the mat he looked and wrestled hungry. There were times he could have let up against a weaker opponent, but he didn't. He went out and took care of business, they way he should have done. The way champions do.

I have not seen Minwell wrestle. From the words I have read about him he must be very tough. If they meet it , according to all these posts, it may be THE match to watch. Especially if Minwell is as aggressive as Knox is.

I can't wait to see it.