Marshall County @ Giles County

wneely

Tonight is the annual Giles County 'Coming Home' game and they have selected Marshall County to be the opponent. I know Marshall County probably doesn't like being selected as this type of game, but quite frankly they're pretty awful, so why wouldn't we schedule them?

Anywho, just wasting time until the game. I have a special costume for those who are making the trip tonight--me and my sidekick will be in full force tonight with the very special attire on! Come check us out!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I'm just wasting my time responding to this thread!!! You could spot Marshall County a 50-0 lead in this one and Giles County would still come back and win. The Tigers are not very good on the hardwood.

Guest catfish-hunter

Not trying to start an argument here fellas, but I saw that Giles was trailing this game at the half. Obviously they came out flat and were overlooking a weak Marshall County basketball team, but this is the WRONG TIME of year to be overlooking folks. You people also talk about Holt as if he is not a very good basketball coach, at times anyway. Is he losing control of this powerhouse team AND can they really compete with the best that west-TN has???

He's never had control. Tyler Smith coaches the team...LOL!!! On another thread that I read that was created by PageMan...the starters sat out half of the first quarter and half of the second quarter. If Holt is trying to get his other players some PT...then he has waited to long. These kids should started the 2nd half of games such as Page, Fairview, LO-Town where Giles County held a demanding lead. Simply putting the players in at the end of the 3rd quarter and letting them run up and down the court with no descipline is a heck of a teaching method. Those guys should have been put on the floor with 2 or 3 of the starters and let them play half-court basketball. I have never understood Holt's mentality when it comes to coaching...he never develops his bench early in the season so that down the stretch they will have experience and in some cases can bail you out of a tough situation when the starters are slacking.

As a starter in any sport, there isn't anything more embarrassing or humiliating that making a mistake or playing lack lusterly, then the coach calls time out and sits your butt on the pine. That will get your attention in a hurry...

Guest catfish-hunter
What was the score? how many pts did Tyler have?

825569603[/snapback]

Giles County won by 31 (77-46). Tyler Smith ended the night with 20-POINTS off of about 5-6 dunks according to PageMan. The big margain of victory was more because of Marshall County's terrible basketball team, not Giles County's great performance (or lack there of). In order for Giles to beat the "BIG BOYS" out west, they better show up to play in the first half. If they do not, then the second half won't even be worth watching.

Yes we were down by 2 at the half, but mainly because Coach Holt put the second string in with 5 minutes left in the first quarter and the starters didnt get back in until the third quarter. Coach Holt, i assume, was trying to get the second string some playing time and experience before the tournaments start. After the starters were put back in, Marshall Co. managed to score about 10 points the rest of the game. Tryce Nelson (#32) was one of the main factors in this game, he showed his ability to shoot outside and also take control inside. I along with many others were impressed with his performance.