Volunteer Falcons Baseball

Pitcher99

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Falcons play the TN High Vikings? I saw a story in the Bristol paper, but there was no mention of it on this string. Maybe it didn't happen.

825630307[/snapback]

Look at posts 162 and 163, there ART. Did DB play Daniel Boone this week? I saw something about it in the Times News, but there was no mention of it on this board. Maybe it didn't happen.

I feel you on getting "roo rooed".  We had HORRIBLE umpires up at UVA-Wise today.  Three of our first six outs weren't outs at all.  Coach had enough in the 7th inning when Spina (from TN High) got called out trying to steal third, he was definitely safe with no question.  Coach asked the field umpire if there was any way that he could just leave and us play with one umpire, and that our team was battling our heart out but that he had killed every rally that we had tried to put together.  This happens everytime we go to Wise though, never fails.  My freshman year coach was ejected, and for arguing a very good cause.  Our coach doesn't say anything unless it is absolutely needed, and today it was needed.

I know that Coach Cloud and Coach McLain will stick up for their players when it is needed too.  I always loved having them two as coaches.  Coach McLain had me for a few years before high school though, and then on the football field which was fun (as fun as Mount Venable could be during summer 2-a-days).  I miss those guys...take care of them...

825630275[/snapback]

Did I wander into the VI thread by mistake?

Did I wander into the VI thread by mistake?

825630393[/snapback]

Sounds to me like illpete is a former Falcon and is interested in their progress. Cut him a bit of slack, he's only looking for information.

Maybe a win or two will help your ill feelings, Falconbacker?

Sounds to me like illpete is a former Falcon and is interested in their progress. Cut him a bit of slack, he's only looking for information.

Maybe a win or two will help your ill feelings, Falconbacker?

825630466[/snapback]

Hey, he fired the first shot earlier. GLee, don't take shots at me and I won't fire back. I'm gonna let that last one slide.

p.s. we have a win or two, or five for that matter. We played well this weekend, just didn't catch a whole lotta breaks. We'll be fine, don't worry about us. How's your team?

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

Good wins today men. (I mean, boys and Jacob) We beat Central 5 - 2. (maybe 3) Hit the ball well and played pretty good D. Rob pitched the first 3. Then Reese came in to close the door, and threw the ball with authority, without getting hurt. The win over Central put us in a second game against South Green and we won 9 - 3. Changed the batting order slightly and things worked good. Seal pitched in the second game gave up 3 early and then he settled in and pitched a great game up to the 7th, when he was relieved by Franklin who also threw good. Cougarman, i hope you got to see the game cuz it was a great one. And Waco was right about the winner, as always. :P

Edited by Falcon Front-Runner

Two good wins against 2 good teams today. Brings the record to 7-3 overall.Good luck on Monday. Don't go up there expecting anything but a dogfight. Keep playing good D, throwing strikes, and keep swingin' the sticks. They are showing some signs of life. I think you guys are gelling as a team with some excellent senior leadership.

Anyone know how many hits we had in that second game?

p.s. to anybody I have offended on here, my apologies. Only positive words from me the rest of the season. The boys deserve and need it.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

Positive posts are a good thing to place on here, but I don't remember taking any shots at you there bud. If you misunderstood any of my posts, then I will apologize for that. Sounds like we're on the same team here though.

Now to the point of this post...what is so different about this year's Falcons? We always had good players when I was there. Our players were good enough to win ball games, but what we were missing was team chemistry. From what I have heard, the 2005 Falcons are playing some team ball and we have people stepping up when it counts. There are a lot of naysayers on this board and in the community, but that isn't anything new. There has never been a lot of belief that the Volunteer Falcons could be anything coming from anyone outside of Falcon nation. The media and other schools have never really respected the baseball program at Volunteer, but now they will. I've already heard some things coming from the Blountville way, and a few things coming from the Rog-Vegas area, but the results are coming in from East Hawkins County, and that's what matters. I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually be able to make a game, but I'm trying to bring the coaches along too, because we'll take good ball players wherever we can get them. I'd love to have at least one more Falcon on the VI team next year, and maybe more. And with the way these boys are playing, that is a good possibility. I'm really enjoying being able to get on Coacht.com and see how my old school is doing, but I just wish that the Times-News would open up their biased eyes and realize that Eastern Hawkins County has a baseball team out there that some people are wanting to read about. We've had teams in the past with players that are as good as this 2005 group, but I don't think that the Falcons have ever worked together as well as they are this year. Team chemistry is what seperates good teams from great teams, so let's be a great team this year. Now when I wear my old Volunteer Baseball shirts around campus, there are some local people talking. Let all other teams know that the Falcons are for real. Take your season one game at a time, take each game one out at a time, and live each pitch like it will be your last. Good luck to the Falcons for the rest of the year, and keep me posted on the season.

And yeah, we got "roo rooed" pretty bad. Ask Franklin what "roo rooed" is, he might remember. The only people at Volunteer now that I played with are the Seniors. And wearing that Falcon blue doesn't seem to bring the best out in the umpires, but that's always been a constant in Falcon Nation. Just remember to respect the game, and it will respect you...