10 AA Alumni

mkhhawk

With the regular season over and the tournament a few days away, I thought it would be interesting to get a report on past 10AA players who are currently playing college ball. Vann, Pierce, Dansby, Burney, Bowers, Schreiber to name some. Anyone have any stats on them? If redshirted, what are their chances of playing next year? How about the Merril girl from MC who went to Cincy a few years ago?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Vann is playing real well at Vol State right now. Burney is redshirting at Austin Peay, where he should see alot of playing time next season. Pierce was redshirting at APSU, but in order to keep his academic scholarship he had to give up basketball (which is something I commend the young man for doing). Shane is playing a key role off the bench for Mick Cronin's Murray State Racers. Josh Goodwin is an all-Atlantic Sun caliber basketball player and he might lead the Belmont Bruins to an NCAA tourney appearence next month. Those are the five induviduals that I can tell you about, BTW I did not know Alex Bowers was playing college basketball.

Bowers is starting for Bethel's JV(probably should be on varsity). Schreiber and Jon Ridgway are both coming off bench for Bethel's JV. Bubba Nichols was on Bethel's JV but withdrew from school. Don't have any stats but I do know the team has been very successful. You can see game scores on www.bethel-college.edu/athletics.

Guest catfish-hunter
Bowers is starting for Bethel's JV(probably should be on varsity).  Schreiber and  Jon Ridgway are both coming off bench for Bethel's JV.  Bubba Nichols was on Bethel's JV but withdrew from school.  Don't have any stats but I do know the team has been very successful.  You can see game scores on www.bethel-college.edu/athletics.

825569185[/snapback]

Thanks for the info ctaylor!!! I had no clue that Bubba (Waverly), Bowers (Cheatham), or Ridgeway (CreekWood) were playing on the next level. This district has produced some quality basketball players in the past three years or so. Noel Smith and Rico Ralston will likely join all of them at the end of this season.

Bowers is playing at Bethel for the J.V. team where he is averaging about 25 a game. He should be playing Varsity and for some reason he is not. I heard that the J.V. coach said that he is the 2nd best player in the whole program but the Varsity coach didn't recruit him so he won't play him Varsity. I think that's pretty sad.

Thanks for the info ctaylor!!!  I had no clue that Bubba (Waverly), Bowers (Cheatham), or Ridgeway (CreekWood) were playing on the next level.  This district has produced some quality basketball players in the past three years or so.  Noel Smith and Rico Ralston will likely join all of them at the end of this season.

825569511[/snapback]

Nichols doesnt attend college anymore

Bowers is playing at Bethel for the J.V. team where he is averaging about 25 a game. He should be playing Varsity and for some reason he is not. I heard that the J.V. coach said that he is the 2nd best player in the whole program but the Varsity coach didn't recruit him so he won't play him Varsity. I think that's pretty sad.

825569712[/snapback]

Alex definitely should be playing with the varsity. I'll believe he'll get a chance. Andy Ross from Houston Co was on the JV as a freshmen and now is on the varsity, and no offense to Ross, Alex is better than most of the guys that I've seen at Bethel.

Bethel might be on to something. You take a few of 10AA's all district guys every year(not the D1 guys) and you could build a pretty good NAIA team. Think about the best guys this year and it's a pretty good group. The only thing that's missing is a 6'6"-6'7" post.