Cleveland vs. Ooltewah - Thursday Night

InDepthInsider

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be noted you can't coach or teach competitive drive or heart either, and I think it's been shown that Charles doesn't have that edge to make him a truly great player. I don't take anything away from Cleveland, they have a good team and are serious contenders, nor do I want to disrespect Charles because he is an incredible athlete and is and imposing figure on the court. In high school. I just question what's going to happen when he's out there with a bunch of people as big or bigger than him and he has to start playing smart and hard to make an impact. I'm not saying it won't happen, and he has a lot of upside going into D1, but the past couple of years watching him he has never taken over a game like someone his size could, he's had a solid team around him that have helped to get a lot of wins.

As an Ooltewah fan, I think it's exciting to watch him play. If I was there yesterday, I probably would have been one of the fans ragging him, but that's all just a part of the game, if he can't take some verbal abuse from the fans he won't make it too far.

1)exactly, he has pure athletic ability, that doesn't make him a good basketball player, there are plenty of guys out there with pure athletice ability

2)you summed it all up right there, with little effort, the kid doesn't care and doesnt' try at all, why not? he thinks he has it all already, and you can tell this by his attitude about everything

3)he is not an excellent passer, and i know plenty about basketball, and all the times i've witnessed him he doesn't see the floor well, he's just lookin for his next dunk, nothing else...the only way you'd say he sees the floor better than anyone is that he is taller than everyone..he doesn't see the floor in a basketball perspective, like a guard does so quit tryin to build him up more than he is

yes he has all the talent in the world but no drive to be good, so until that is seen he wont be great

825572637[/snapback]

guess thats why all those colleges wanted him and hes going d1 and tenn fans are po'd they didnt go after him. cause he is a loser who can only jump, has no skill and is a ahole with no work ethic or care. :) thats great. guess thats why he plays for atlanta celtics aau too

AMEN cbr!! preach it brother. while im watching Dayton in March yall can be talkin about a small town called ooltewah and thier sorry basketball team on caocht. thank you cbr.... thumb

825572554[/snapback]

Say what you want to, that "sorry" bball team came pretty darn close to beating you...much too close for comfort...we'll meet again. This was a great game, and it will be again. That's just classless to call OHS a "sorry" bball team. And who cares about the 9 times CHS has beaten Ooltewah? All that matters is the NEXT game. :)

I think it should be noted you can't coach or teach competitive drive or heart either, and I think it's been shown that Charles doesn't have that edge to make him a truly great player. I don't take anything away from Cleveland, they have a good team and are serious contenders, nor do I want to disrespect Charles because he is an incredible athlete and is and imposing figure on the court. In high school. I just question what's going to happen when he's out there with a bunch of people as big or bigger than him and he has to start playing smart and hard to make an impact. I'm not saying it won't happen, and he has a lot of upside going into D1, but the past couple of years watching him he has never taken over a game like someone his size could, he's had a solid team around him that have helped to get a lot of wins.

As an Ooltewah fan, I think it's exciting to watch him play. If I was there yesterday, I probably would have been one of the fans ragging him, but that's all just a part of the game, if he can't take some verbal abuse from the fans he won't make it too far.

825572765[/snapback]

how do you know this. man you people are so jealous of a HIGH SCHOOL KID. its pathetic. you guys sit behind your freakin computor complaining about a kid and trashing him. get a life.

Say what you want to, that "sorry" bball team came pretty darn close to beating you...much too close for comfort...we'll meet again.  This was a great game, and it will be again.  That's just classless to call OHS a "sorry" bball team. And who cares about the 9 times CHS has beaten Ooltewah?  All that matters is the NEXT game. :)

825572773[/snapback]

just as classless as it is to bash a high school kid from the comfort of your computor. unless you play with or against him, you cant say anything.

just as classless as it is to bash a high school kid from the comfort of your computor.  unless you play with or against him, you cant say anything.

825572780[/snapback]

Uh...I didn't bash anybody. And I believe our kids played right with him. Calling our bball team sorry is just untrue and immature. Ooltewah stepped it up; you can't deny that buddy.

Say what you want to, that "sorry" bball team came pretty darn close to beating you...much too close for comfort...we'll meet again.  This was a great game, and it will be again.  That's just classless to call OHS a "sorry" bball team. And who cares about the 9 times CHS has beaten Ooltewah?  All that matters is the NEXT game. :)

825572773[/snapback]

I agree with everyone on here that Charles is a physical phenom. Thats why he is going to the next level. Several of you have summed it up that he can be taught to shoot a jumper and his athletic ability is unreal. No one in the city, or state can stop him with the ball right next to the rim. We all so his ability to take over a game in the last few minutes. If you read Aaron Greens quote in the paper it said that if Charles would just do that the whole game he could have 40 a night. I couldn't have said that better myself. As far as Charles cursing toward a student section is uncalled for if it really happend, but that is something that he will learn down the line.

As far as the game between Ooltewah and Cleveland goes, I agree with luvthoseowls. Ooltewah is not a sorry basketball team. Matter of fact I would say these two teams could and probably will meet again in the sometime in the Region if not the semifinals with a sub-state apperance on the line. I am not an Ooltewah fan an anyway, but I know I would not want to play this team in the post season because they are as dangerous as any team out there. So many teams respect them, but they think in the end the will always beat them, and I think Ooltewah might slip up and start to win a few here soon.

Yea, if you don't have intimate knowledge of anything, you can't comment on it. Well guess what, smart guy, you don't know me, maybe I have played against him, and yet you sit behind your computer and bash me without knowing the first thing about me. I can't comment on a basketball player's skills who I've seen in several games? I guess since I didn't live and grow up in the same house as him, I can't even pretend to know how well he plays basketball. That's ridiculous.

I'm not jealous, I'm not a basketball player and don't pretend to be, but that doesn't mean I don't know how the game works and can't offer my honest opinion on it. And I wonder what's more pathetic, sitting on an internet messageboard "trashing" a high school player, or some other anonymous user getting offended and trashing them?

Yea, if you don't have intimate knowledge of anything, you can't comment on it. Well guess what, smart guy, you don't know me, maybe I have played against him, and yet you sit behind your computer and bash me without knowing the first thing about me. I can't comment on a basketball player's skills who I've seen in several games? I guess since I didn't live and grow up in the same house as him, I can't even pretend to know how well he plays basketball. That's ridiculous.

I'm not jealous, I'm not a basketball player and don't pretend to be, but that doesn't mean I don't know how the game works and can't offer my honest opinion on it. And I wonder what's more pathetic, sitting on an internet messageboard "trashing" a high school player, or some other anonymous user getting offended and trashing them?

825572798[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better, Goldenflake and Loose End. thumb

I know that Charles doesn't give 100% in every game. He does think he already has it all, but he will learn that he doesn't, and I'm sure his coaches will work on his work ethic. Lets not bash players over the internet, he gonna be a good college player, Dayton must see something in this kid, the people from McDonald's do to. Lets not get out of hand people.