District 4 A/AA

the one

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if this is the "hump" year?!?! Last year Kingston and LC were both pushed to their limit by a considerably young Oneida Club. If I'm not mistaken, Oneida even tied LC in their only game with them. I have no doubt that LC has many solid players returning, but the loss of the irreplaceable Mitch, Singleton, and Lacey is a huge hole to fill. I have seen Kingston and they have dropped severely trying to replace Micheal Day in the Keeper position. Thats not a knock on the young men trying to replace him, I mean Day has made the North Carolina State's roster. Kingston also put a great reliance of scoring on one player (McMillian #8), and I believe he graduated, too. Oneida has one significant loss (Grigsby) and is replacing him with a player that signed a soccer scholarship to play for Cumberland College(Buhaley) just last week. So could Oneida make the jump over both of these teams this year and get over the hump? It's a tough question because right now they have to get past the mental aspect of it, something Kingston and LC don't have to do. Oneida's personnel is as strong as the other two, so we'll see. Kaz thinks this could actually be the year!

thumb Kaz thumb

All true, Kazam. Though one thing to consider... this is LC's last chance for A/AA, since they are going up to AAA next season, so I don't think they will go down without "swinging".

I do think Oneida has a great chance. Hope to see you in regions.