10AA seeds with real records.

10W40

It's not about points scored in an individual game. Coin flipis logical in this type of tie.

825574140[/snapback]

For arguments sake, a 30 point win at home is equal to a 3OT 1 point loss on the road? Nope. The only way point differential is not fair, is when both games are blowouts and the coaches are subbing at halftime. So long as everyone knows the rules beforehand, I guess there should be no problem. From a district perspective, having your real life 1 or 2 seed playing the 3 seed in the opening round is not conducive to putting your best 4 teams on the floor at region considering a single elimination tournament. Why potentially put Sycamore out in the cold when they didn't do anything wrong and be represented by a team that is inferior no matter how you slice it and is getting in on a technicality? I think the district did the right thing in this instance. Even the 5 through 7 seeds don't want to get in through the back door.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team should have been declared inelgible by TSSAA for post season.  What stops a coach from having an inelgible player the next year if they still get to play in the post season.

825574153[/snapback]

So punish every player, every fan, every parent for the screw up of who we can't agree on.

That may be an effective way to get the team strengthened off the court, but

the one being punished is the one being punished.

real life, I don't go to jail or loose my license because my friend drove fast and wreckless. He was in control of the car , not me.

You cannot punish everyone on that team because the mistake was not theirs. It's bad enough for the girl not getting to play the rest of her senior season and enjoy another trip to the state tournament, which to me, seems like it will happen.

It is very unfortunate for her, but you can't blame 15 other girls on the team for something they had nothing to do with. They are just out there to play the game of basketball and do what they do best. That's why I feel so bad for the girl, she just wanted to play basketball and this happens.

Good luck to the Lady Cubs in the postseason.