Mcmnn Co. or Farragut?

littlecherokee_20

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has lost some of that confidence that has been a key advantage in the past. They need to quit worrying about losing some of their seniors from last year and start focusing on what they have now. I look at every position on the field and see a strong base of talent. From what I have seen they need to quit being so dang uncomfortable with the ball and start being harder and more aggressive and just come out and run over people. If you ever get to watch Farragut, notice what they will do...starting from the back they will look great, working it around and making it to the midfield. Everything looks fine up until they make it to around the other third of the field where things tend to get too confusing for them. They will panic and not know what to do. This isn't cause of lack of talent or coaching, its because they seem to go by the book, do the obvious. They don't know what to do once getting that far. They just need to have fun and grow some nuts and take on people when unexpected, make runs when unexpected, or just simply run them over. Quit looking for the expecting and start doing the unexpected. Most of Farragut's goals came from off the ball runs last year. You think Jared Britcher just simply ran it around people and scored everytime? No, it was a connection between their midfield and forwards, they all knew where the other one was going to do without even looking, it was almost instict. Next time you watch them, watch their midfielders and forwards and see if they ever do make those runs off the ball. If they do realize that they are a powerhouse still then their results should change. Have fun and have confidence.

farragut is not the team that they were last year. if they dont have that connection anymore then i cant see them getting it any time soon. farragut may have the better players but mcminn will have the better connection. it should be a toss up when they play. but i will go with mcminn, they still have that Andy Slack and Jared Price which are great players and leaders. it seems as though farragut doesnt have a leader as of right now, hopefully by this matchup they will.

I did not know they would play each other in regular season. I thought people were just matching them up at state. my fault

825631979[/snapback]

no problem...i'm goin by the McMinn County High School website....so maybe that's wrong and if it is..my apologies...

Edited by soccerguy20