9AA.... What's gonna happen?

dudumonaghan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Marshall was missing Seniors #32 Cameron Johnson and #12 Art Wainwright who have apparently left the team.  They did not play against Giles in the final district regular season game either.

825579476[/snapback]

Well if I was a teammate of Cameron OR Art, then I'd be pretty upset right now. There services could have taken us to the regionals next week, but instead their selfish attitudes were costly. Good job fellas!!!

Well if I was a teammate of Cameron OR Art, then I'd be pretty upset right now. There services could have taken us to the regionals next week, but instead their selfish attitudes were costly. Good job fellas!!!
It happens.... sometimes you just get sick of things.... Looks like Lewis played alright in the 20 point victory, how's the Page Lewis County matchup looking? Is Page missing any players?

How pathetic is this district? Giles County beat Loretto by 35 pts. last night. Loretto managed to score an amazing 41 pts.; however, 1 player scored 26 pts. for them. The next highest scorer on that team had a whopping 4 pts. Tyler Smith score 29, Coffey scored 17, & Derron Garrett and Corey Perry scored 8 for Giles County. I love Giles County basketball, but outside of Smith and Coffey, who else do they have? No one is the answer!!! Zach Holt might get hot once in a blue moon. You might have a player other than Smith and Coffey step up and score in double figures on occassion.

Honestly, I believe that District 9AA is the worst district in TN...hands down. Loretto got beat 105 to 66 by a 1A team...how pitiful is that. TSSAA should realign in order to make this district more competitive. The only thing is...outside of Giles County there isn't a school in the area that is competitive year in and year out. Everyone is fighting for 2nd place behing Giles County and it gets boring after a while. What happened to Marshall County...they used to be one of the best teams in the mid-state; however, they are lucky if they have enough guys to man a full squad come game time. I am done ranting and raving...

Guest catfish-hunter

Giles will see some teams that will test them in next week's regional tourney. The Bobcats will and should be the favorites to win the regional, but at least they will get a taste of tournament basketball. Waverly, Harpeth, Cheatham, and Sycamore will battle folks. Waverly has an outstanding point guard in Rico Ralston and some great shooters like Reid and Leonard on the perimeter. Hollis is a man in the paint who Giles County would have to respect. Harpeth has a backcourt of Ross Collins, Robert Derrick, and Cody Davis. Scott Erland is a big guy who has above average athleticism. Their coaching is outstanding and they are Giles County's biggest concern in my view. Cheatham has a scoring machine named Noel Smith. If they have another guy step up and play, like Brink, Davidson, or Moss, then Noel wouldn't have to score 30+ point every night for them to win. Their lack of a true inside presence would kill them against Giles. Sycamore has played Giles County in the past two regional finals, last year's game being the closer of the two. If the War Eagles are hitting from deep, then they are a deadly team. What Sycamore would need against Giles County is for BOTH Bullard & Kinman to play big in the paint.

NOTE: I never said in that post that any of those teams would beat Giles County. I'd be a darn fool to say that. I will say that Giles County better bring their A-GAME to Franklin next week because they will get tested by the teams in district 10AA. Giles County is going to need someone other than Coffey and Tyler to step up and play if they are going to 3-PEAT in the regionals.

Guest catfish-hunter

Not trying to harp on something here guys, but I noticed that Giles was only up 29-25 at halftime last night. This just after they were trailing Marshall County at halftime last week. They are an unbelievable team, but their slacking off to start a game might eventually be their downfall. Against good competition, you can't take off the first half then suddenly decide to play like you are supposed to in the second half. That is why they lost to Jackson South Side last year in the substate and that is why they were on the ropes in last year's regional final against Sycamore.

Don't you Giles County fans agree with that statement???

How pathetic is this district?

GCfan79, Please get a clue and be grateful. Once this years' seniors are gone, GC is not going to be nearly as competitive. Also GC is a big school when compared to other 2A programs in the area. Be grateful you are not bumped up to 3A, or even stay 2A, yet be in a district with teams from Nashville or Chattanooga. You would not even be able to get out of the regionals. I really doubt you would be bashing other teams in your district then. Be careful in years to come, as I know your coach has rubbed some teams the wrong way this year by leaving his starters in late in the 4th quarter with a large lead. What goes around comes around. Good luck to 9AA, but please get a clue before you go shooting your mouth off again.

I have a clue and let me tell you one thing. I attended Giles County High for 4 years and I followed the basketball program very closely after that. I can't remember another team besides Marshall County ever going to a sub-state game. Loretto came close a couple of years, but that is it. Giles County will continue to dominate this district in the years to come. I hear they have some outstanding freshman ready to play next year. There were great teams well before Tyler Smith and there will be great teams after him. You need to get a clue and be grateful that Giles County doesn't score 100 pts. every night they step on the court.

As far as Holt rubbing some teams the wrong way...who cares. You have to give your starters playing time. You can't sit them down when you get a 25 pt. lead in the 2nd quarter. Also...what are these upset teams going to do about it...they couldn't beat Giles County if their lives depended on it. I will spout my mouth off all I want...you are just like all of those teams....upset and can't do anything about it.

Edited by GCfan79