#4 Sycamore vs #5 Creek Wood (10AA)

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

The District 10AA tourney begins on Monday night in Dover. The boys first round matchups are Harpeth-Stewart County, Cheatham-Mont. Central, and Sycamore-Creek Wood. The most anticipated of those three games is the Creek Wood-Sycamore game because both teams are just so darn evenly matched up with one another. Sycamore took the season sweep from the Red Hawks in two close games that were decided in the final minute of play. There are a bunch of solid seniors playing on both sides in this one: Derra & Darden (Creek Wood) and Rives, Watts, and Barksdale (Sycamore). Both of these teams ended the season with 6-6 records in the district and overall the Red Hawks are 11-15, while the War Eagles are 11-16 overall. I really can't predict a winner or loser of this game because when tourney time arrives you can be assured all bets are off. The winner of this game will play Waverly in the district semifinals on Wednesday night.

Edited by catfish-hunter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is no doubt the toughest game to predict in the tournament. I think if these two teams played 10 times the record would be 5-5. It's who's hot on what night.

My prediction for this game is Creekwood over Sycamore because with Terrance Darden back, it is a big boost for Creekwood and I think they will advance in the tournament.

Guest catfish-hunter

Tip-off is set for Tuesday night at 8PM for anyone unsure. I don't care who you are out there folks because when that real nervous feeling hit you, then it is obviously postseason time. Win & you are still in, but lose & you are out.

I hope that Cheatham and Harpeth take care of business tomorrow night!!!

I've seen both teams play and i think that Sycamore will take this one. it will probably be a close game and come down to the last seconds. And like jp-tiger i also would like to see creekwood win just because during regular season sycamore was within 1-2 points. and yeah sycamore probably could beat waverly if it came down to it but i wouldnt count on it too much.

Tip-off is set for Tuesday night at 8PM for anyone unsure.  I don't care who you are out there folks because when that real nervous feeling hit you, then it is obviously postseason time.  Win & you are still in, but lose & you are out. 

I hope that Cheatham and Harpeth take care of business tomorrow night!!!

825576249[/snapback]

where at?