Region 8A Tournament

jvaughan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westtn basketball...

Greenfield over Trenton..because Doaks & maybe Partee aren't there??

That's absurd. The only reason Peabody won the 2nd game is because Greenfield missed 8 free throws in a row in the 4th and gave up a layup with a second left. The tournament at Lake County showed that no matter where you finish in the regular season, it's all irrelevant in the tourneys. I think it will be a good game, but I never thought of the 2 time defending region champs as underdogs yet. I think Lake County is the most dangerous team in the regions and will probably be the favorite, but that has been my thoughts since around the 2nd week in January. Is Partee off the team? I haven't heard that. I thought he was just disciplined 1 game for his actions at Lake County. Sisco won't sacrifice a chance at winning, by not playing Partee, because of his actions at Lake County. That would be too noble. I think Partee & Sisco will make up and he'll probably play. If he doesn't put him back in the lineup, email me and I'll buy you lunch.  thumb

825576205[/snapback]

Naturally when I said Greenfield OVER Trenton, I don't consider them underdogs either. Partee will be playing Thursday night, but if I were a betting person, I'd bet a lot of money on Trenton beating Greenfield the 3rd time with Doaks. As for LC, they're definitely the favorite, and they'll be in Murfreesboro next month if they play their cards right.

If Greenfield is region champs (or even runner-up), e-mail me, and I'll buy YOU lunch! :D

the Whitby magic is BACK!! B)  Lake County takes this Region in a cake walk!! It's gonna be like 86' at the PIT in downtown Tiptonville this season thumb

825577051[/snapback]

If LC hosts the sub-state game, we might have to bump a little Van Halen in the LCHS gym. And if the game weren't on a Monday night, it would be worth the drive (they need a good announcer for a sub-state game, you know).

Unless someone has a pilot's license and would offer to fly me in...anyone?

greenfield....south fulton......lake county.......middle college then south fulton, lake county with lc being the champs

825575391[/snapback]

If South Fulton makes it to the regional championship, it will be something very fishy going on. Do you really think South Fulton will make it past Halls? I guess Halls won't get any credit until you see them for yourself, huh? They'll just have to prove you wrong again! Stop listening to all that negative talk about Halls. They'll fool you everytime! GO HALLS! thumb

Someone correct me if I am wrong here but I believe it is:

Thursday 2/24

Greenfield vs Peabody @ 6:30

Halls vs South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> @ 8:00

Friday 2/25

Lake Co. vs Gleason @ 6:30

Dresden vs Middle College @ 8:00

Monday 2/28

Winners of Thursday @ 6:30

Winners of Friday @ 8:00

Championship on Thursday 3/3

825577715[/snapback]

That is correct!