Tamara Alexander, Kenwood

Lindsey Leis, Northwest

Patrice Wade, Northeast

Dawn Evans, Northeast

Kelsey Hamilton, Dickson County

Becky Adkins, Clarksville

MVP - Kayla Milby, Dickson County

Coach of the year - Eve Hamilton, Dickson County

I have watched NE play 5 times this year. I cannot believe that Lizz Pollock and Kiesha Nicholson are not all league. My source, a boys coach, told me Dawn Evans was the last pick for the team. I believe you could take all the Clarksville all-stars(K. Brown,Adkins,S. Brown,Alexander,and Leis):There is no way that group could beat NE. Somebody help me. How many all-disrict players did Dickson have last year?Who was the MVP last year?Who was the coach of the year last year?

"We haven't had much luck with Dickson County the past couple of years at the district meeting," Northeast's Rick Martin said. "We go 3-1 against them last year and 2-0 this year and they have the district's MVP both years and as many all-district players named as we have.

"We don't mind playing them (Dickson County) at Northeast," he added. "And we don't mind playing them in Dickson. We just don't want to face them at the district meeting."

Everyone seems to have a dislike for Northeast because their best players transferred from other city schools. April Thomas came from Northwest (in the middle of the season a few years ago) and Patrice Wade transferred from Kenwood. Even Drake Reed transferred from Clarksville Academy on the boys side. I have to admit that Northeast's team could probably beat the rest of the all-district team, but Coach Martin should stop being a crybaby in the newspaper. Those awards don't mean anything, and I'm sure the NE girls could care less (about the all-district selections) if they make it to the State tournament. All Coach Martin did was give Dickson County some bulletin board material for the District Championship game!

Edited by Ticket

I have watched NE play 5 times this year. I cannot believe that Lizz Pollock and Kiesha Nicholson are not all league. My source, a boys coach, told me Dawn Evans was the last pick for the team. I believe you could take all the Clarksville <a href="all%20stars" onmouseover="window.status='all-stars'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">all-stars</a>(K. Brown,Adkins,S. Brown,Alexander,and Leis):There is no way that group could beat NE. Somebody help me. How many all-disrict players did Dickson have last year?Who was the MVP last year?Who was the coach of the year last year?

825576677[/snapback]

nwsuperfan, did your source, a boys coach , also tell you that every player nominated by Northeast was chosen for the All-District team? Did your source tell you that the boys and girls selections were made in different meetings in different parts of the building at the same time? There were no boys coaches at the girls' meeting, nor girls coaches at the boys' selection meeting. Is this a case of: (1) big ears, (2) big mouth, (3) sour grapes, (4) all the above?

Simple Question: How do you go undefeated in your league, and not be coach of the year?

The justification for the Men's coach of the year was that he went undefeated in his league, and so why does not not apply on the ladies side??

And April Thomas is the player of the year this year, and last year!

Anyone remember who was player of the year last year? Anyone remember April taking her to school in the district tournaments? This young lady has been robbed for two years in a row!

Nobody is complaining or whining anywhere. The truth is almost anywhere but here the mvp and coach come fromn the winning teams--thus eliminating the coaching blocks that form when their teams are beaten. Nashville schools stick together--Clarksvilles do not. So in this district if you finish first you are coach of the yr and player of the year and if you return next year and do worse-you are still coach and player of the year. So next yr if Dickson finishes fifth they should have three more members and trainer of the year also. As for bulloetin board material--think undefeated season at NE is enough. The Dickson NE games are always tough. But would imagine the NE coaches and Dickson coaches are not overlooking any team.