Some poor, poor officiating in some D-2 finals

mr. tennessee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

275 Div 2 was one of the worse officiated matches I have seen in a long time. Can't blame the wrestlers, but I have not seen an official that out of sink in the finals in years.

825575041[/snapback]

aren't there two officals on the mat. I know officals have a hard time calling a match but when you are at state there should be no excuse for making that many mistakes.

275 Div 2 was one of the worse officiated matches I have seen in a long time. Can't blame the wrestlers, but I have not seen an official that out of sink in the finals in years.

825575041[/snapback]

if the official for the 275 match was "out of sink" then perhaps by next season he will work to improve and have all his "ducks in a roll.".

825575041[/snapback]

I agree. There was so much stalling during that match and it was not even called once.

I agree.  There was so much stalling during that match and it was not even called once.

825575206[/snapback]

I believe that Green was warned in the first period (someone please correct me if I am wrong) and then encouraged by the official to work several times. No further warnings were made, and obviously no points awarded. In my view, this is even worse officiating than not warning at all. Furthermore, Simmons non-takedown was NOT EVEN close to out of bounds. The assistant ref was AWOL the entire match.

On a more positive note, congratulations to Charles Green and his coaches, and I mean it. I learned a long time ago, you better not leave a close match in the hands of the official.

Well,

If I had my guess, I would say if the officiating in the heavyweights was poor, chances are the wrestling was too.

Folks, sometimes I think it would be better to put all of us out of our misery and DQ the heavies by the end of the second period. Maybe we should spot them each five points, and take off one point for each stalling and the last big boy with a point is declared the winner.

As officials we discuss these things. You dont call the heavies as you would the 130's. Maybe we should. If so, then none of them will likely make it to the third period.

Very seldom does poor officiating cost a kid a match.

Poor wrestling does everytime.

reftn