Cisco wants to leave Peabody

mr.giggliefly33

I don't quite remember it that way, but, a good deal of time has passed and I have slept since then.  Whether or not Marty could have done better at that time than Ferguson - I don't know.  He was a different coach from the time he left Kenton to the time he took over at UC. 

I had good friends, classmates and teammates on the baseball team that were on those UC teams and they never mentioned that their coach lost those games for them or that they were not prepared.  They just got beat.  But, you have your memories of those days and I have mine.

825576891[/snapback]

B)B) My memories could have been less clouded if you know what I mean :lol::lol: ......You know as well as me that the kids are not gonna blame their coach...I knew those same kids.....They all loved Harry

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've drifted a little off-topic here, so let me lay down some numbers so we can move past "the Harry thing" and get back to bidness ....

While at Union City from 1972-73 to 1986-87, Harry Ferguson's postseason career went a little sumpin like this:

1972-73: Dist. 21L runner-up, Reg. 6L first-round loss. (23-2 regular season, 1-2 postseason)

1973-74: lost in Dist. 21L opener (19-6 regular season, 0-1 postseason)

1974-75: Dist. 21L runner-up, Reg. 6L first-round loss (22-3 regular season, 1-2 postseason; ranked No. 7 in Class L going into regional tourn. and lost 60-22 to No. 1-ranked Brownsville)

1975-76: Dist. 14AA 2nd-round loss (to Munford, which UC swept in regular season; 14-9 regular season, 1-1 postseason)

1976-77: Dist. 14AA Opening Round loss to Obion Central (9-11 regular season, 0-1 postseason)

1977-78: Dist. 12AA and Reg. 6AA champs, lost to Giles Co. in substate at Centerville (13-9 regular season, 5-1 postseason)

1978-79: Dist. 12AA champ, Reg. 6AA semifinal loss to Camden (11-9 regular season, 3-1 postseason)

1979-80: Dist. 11AA won opening game over Huntingdon, lost 2OT to Lexington in semi and lost consolation to Westview (11-9 regular season, 1-2 postseason)

1980-81: Dist. 11AA champ, Reg. 6AA champ, beat Giles Co. at home in substate, lost to Humboldt 56-51 in state tourn. (6-1 postseason)

1981-82: Dist. 11AA runner-up, lost Reg. 6AA opener. (UC was 23-2 in regular season and ranked No. 1 in Class AA; lost district finals to Ripley, 72-42, and then lost 60-52 to Chester Co. in regional; 2-2 in postseason ... so, yes, UC had "one of those nights" vs. CC, but there was no excuse for the Ripley debacle)

1982-83: Dist. 11AA 4th-place; lost Reg. 6AA opener (14-6 regular season, 1-3 postseason)

1983-84: Dist. 13AA champ; Reg. 7AA champ; lost to Kirby at home in substate (20-4 regular season and ranked as high as No. 7; 6-1 in postseason; Kirby's Dwight Boyd: 32 points, 11 reb., 6 asst., 4 blk in substate)

Alas, my stats are incomplete in Harry's last three years, but I know UC did not get out of district in 1985-86 (8-19 overall and lost to OC in quarters).

These numbers are as accurate as I've been able to find and will get a double-check by me sometime in the future.

Now, someone was saying something about Clint going to Troy .... ?!?!? :D

Edited by NWTennSports

WELL, BEING AN AVID OC FAN, I'LL TELL YOU MY OPINION ON HIRING A NEW COACH. FIRST OF ALL, THE OC JOB HAS GOT TO BE FILLED BY SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT TAKE ANY CRAP OFF OF THE KIDS NOR THE PARENTS THAT SEEM TO BE THE PROBLEM. JUST LIKE THE OTHER NIGHT AT GC (IN THE TOURNAMENT) IF YOU WERE THERE IT WAS JUST EMBARASSING TO SEE THE PARENTS AND THE COACH ARGUING DURING THE GAME. DON'T GET ME WRONG COACH DAVIS WAS TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF A PROBLEM THAT HAS BEEN BREWING DURING THE WHOLE SEASON BUT DURING THE GAME WAS NOT A GOOD TIME TO BE DOING THAT. MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE NIPPED IT IN THE BUD BACK BEFORE X-MAS. A COACH WITH MORE EXPERIENCE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THE PROBLEM BEFORE IT ESCALATED. NOW ABOUT COACH SISCO COMING TO CENTRAL I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE BUT I'VE SEEN TRENTON PLAY ON NUMUROUS OCCASIONS AND THERE IS'NT ANY BOND BETWEEN THE COACH AND PLAYERS AT ALL. I'M NOT GOING TO BAD MOUTH HIM BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HIM PERSONALLY. NOW ABOUT THE OC JOB, WHAT WE AS FANS HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT UNTIL THE ADMINISTRATION ALLOWS A COACH TO HAVE CONTROL OF THE TEAM. WE ARE GOING TO BE EVERYBODYS HOMECOMING. THE ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT WANT SOMEONE THAT THEY CANNOT BULLY AROUND. THERE IS NOT A HEAD COACH IN THE SYSTEM THAT WILL NOT SPEAK THEIR MIND BECAUSE THEY AFRAID THAT THEY'LL LOSE THEIR JOB. ANY GOOD COACH HAS TOTAL CONTROL OF HIS OR HER TEAM ARE USUALLY VERY SUCCESSFUL . BUT IF A COACH HAS LIMITED CONTROL,( THAT'S WHEN PARENTS, PRINCIPALS,AND PLAYERS GET WHAT THEY WANT)THAT'S WHEN A COACH IS LEFT TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER JOB AND THAT'S WHEN YOU'RE PROGRAM IS GOING TO SUFFER. AND AT OC THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON . IT'S EMBARASSING WHEN A COACH IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO HIS OR HER JOB. OVER THE PAST YEAR OC HAS HAS HAD THAT PROBLEM IN EVERY SPORT (FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL,SOFTBALL,AND BASEBALL) ALLOWING PARENTS AND ADMINISTRATION MAKING THE DECISIONS INSTEAD OF COACHES. SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG BUT WANTED TO TELL THE TRUTH. JUST A CONCERNED REBEL FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WELL, BEING AN AVID OC FAN, I'LL TELL YOU MY OPINION ON HIRING A NEW COACH. FIRST OF ALL, THE OC JOB HAS GOT TO BE FILLED BY SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT TAKE ANY CRAP OFF OF THE KIDS NOR THE PARENTS THAT SEEM TO BE THE PROBLEM. JUST LIKE THE OTHER NIGHT AT GC (IN THE TOURNAMENT) IF YOU WERE THERE IT WAS JUST EMBARASSING TO SEE THE PARENTS AND THE COACH ARGUING DURING THE GAME. DON'T GET ME WRONG COACH DAVIS WAS TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF A PROBLEM THAT HAS BEEN BREWING DURING THE WHOLE SEASON BUT DURING THE GAME WAS NOT A GOOD TIME TO BE DOING THAT. MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE NIPPED IT IN THE BUD BACK BEFORE X-MAS. A COACH WITH MORE EXPERIENCE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THE PROBLEM BEFORE IT ESCALATED. NOW ABOUT COACH SISCO COMING TO CENTRAL I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE BUT I'VE SEEN TRENTON PLAY ON NUMUROUS OCCASIONS AND THERE IS'NT ANY BOND BETWEEN THE COACH AND PLAYERS AT ALL. I'M NOT GOING TO BAD MOUTH HIM BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HIM PERSONALLY. NOW ABOUT THE OC JOB, WHAT WE AS FANS HAVE TO REMEMBER IS THAT UNTIL THE ADMINISTRATION ALLOWS A COACH TO HAVE CONTROL OF THE TEAM. WE ARE GOING TO BE EVERYBODYS HOMECOMING. THE ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT WANT SOMEONE THAT THEY CANNOT BULLY AROUND. THERE IS NOT A HEAD COACH  IN THE SYSTEM THAT WILL NOT SPEAK THEIR MIND BECAUSE THEY AFRAID THAT THEY'LL LOSE THEIR JOB. ANY GOOD COACH HAS TOTAL CONTROL OF HIS OR HER TEAM ARE USUALLY VERY SUCCESSFUL . BUT IF A COACH HAS LIMITED CONTROL,( THAT'S WHEN PARENTS, PRINCIPALS,AND PLAYERS GET WHAT THEY WANT)THAT'S WHEN A COACH IS LEFT TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER JOB AND THAT'S WHEN YOU'RE PROGRAM IS GOING TO SUFFER. AND AT OC THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON . IT'S EMBARASSING WHEN A COACH IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO HIS OR HER JOB. OVER THE PAST YEAR OC HAS HAS HAD THAT PROBLEM IN EVERY SPORT (FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL,SOFTBALL,AND BASEBALL) ALLOWING PARENTS AND ADMINISTRATION MAKING THE DECISIONS INSTEAD OF COACHES.    SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG BUT WANTED TO TELL THE TRUTH.  JUST A CONCERNED REBEL FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

825578639[/snapback]

Coming out of the gate strong with post #3...Welcome to the fun....I agree with you on your post...There is basketball talent at this school..Not all of it is on the team,but it's there....It is amazing to see what has happened the last few years at Troy with the basketball program....You have to agree that there is also talent coming up with the young kids too...Do you ever go see the Jr. Pro League games on Saturday at Hillcrest??I hope the new coach is a strong individual he is going to have to be to put up with some of the stuff he will be putting up with....What happened at the game the other night??

YEAH, I COACH A TEAM, WELL ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, A PARENT YELLED AT COACH DAVIS THEN AT ONE OF THE KIDS ON THE FLOOR. COACH DAVIS THEN HAD A COUPLE WORDS BACK. JUST REALLY EMBARASSING. NOT SAYING THAT COACH DAVIS DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING, JUST BAD TIMING. YES YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE TALENT IN THE COUNTY. THERE IS ALOT COMING UP.

YEAH, I COACH A TEAM, WELL ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, A PARENT YELLED AT COACH DAVIS THEN AT ONE OF THE KIDS ON THE FLOOR. COACH DAVIS THEN HAD A COUPLE WORDS BACK. JUST REALLY EMBARASSING. NOT SAYING THAT COACH DAVIS DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING, JUST BAD TIMING. YES YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE TALENT IN THE COUNTY. THERE IS ALOT COMING UP.

825578650[/snapback]

Do you coach a boys team???..If so what age level??..My son plays for the Kohler (Ridgemont) 6th grade team...

Yea that is embarrassing, at least he took up for his player....

I JUST WISH EVERYTHING AT CENTRAL COULD GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BACK IN THE 80'S WHEN ALL THE SPIRIT AND ATMOSPHERE FILLED THE COUNTY. YOU USED TO HAVE TO WAIT AT THE GYM FOR 3 OR MORE HOURS AT A TIME TO GET A SEAT. NOWADAYS U CAN BASICALLY SIT ANYWHERE YOU WANT IF YOU WALK IN DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM. I DONT THINK THAT IF COACH CISCO CAME TO OC THAT THAT WOULD HAPPEN. THEY NEED A HARD-NOSED COACH WHO ISNT AFRAID TO GET IN A PLAYERS', ADMINISTRATION'S, OR PARENTS' FACES AND SAY THIS IS HOW ITS GOING TO WORK. i JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE ALL THE TALENT THAT IS IN THE SOPHMORE AND FRESHHMAN CLASS GO TO WASTE LIKE THE LAST FEW CLASSES THAT HAS ROLLED THROUGH THERE HAS. I KNOW THAT IT CAN BE PUT BACK AT THAT STATUS, JUST NOT WITH COACH CISCO. IF HE CAN'T WIN A DISTRICT WITH A GUY WHOSE GONNA PLAY D-I BALL AND A LOADED GROUP OF OTHER PLAYERS COULD DO IT WITH A GREAT GROUP THATS THERE NOW, JUST MAYB NOT AS TALENTED.

GO REBELS AND LADY REBELS!!!!!!

Someone tell us did Cisco put in an application for Obion Central ?

Does he really want to leave Peabody ?  Is this a mutual move on both parties.  Maybe he will be more successful at Obion.  Please reply.  Hey Obion fans, what do you guys know about this rumor ?

825575462[/snapback]

That rumor has been running around Lake Co. All I can say is it they're smart they won't hire him!!